Disney College Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney College Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2018

2.5

Operations Host Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Disney College Program.

Interview

Began with a recruiting event at university campus. They took my initial application and then I was set up with a phone interview. Decision was emailed, letting me know which department I would work in (for example Operations, Food & Beverage, Custodial, etc.) but not specifically which role or park. I prepared for the move to Orlando. Upon arrival, they told me specifically which park and role I would have. It took a lot of courage for me to move across the country and take an unknown job, and it ended up being one of the best experiences of my life!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest is really upset about something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney College Program (Winchester, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

She asked TONS of questions!!! She spoke very fast but was easy to understand. I just want to work at Disney because it would be a 'magical experience' would not be a good enough answer for all the questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about each of the categories and why I applied for it, (i applied for all of them!)
      Character performer, character attendant, monorail, attractions, life guarding,   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a guest is really upset about something?   1 Answer
    • Have you lived with roommates before?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an emergency situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney College Program (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online.
    Within fifteen minutes I was on to the next step which was a web-based interview.
    Completed right away and again within fifteen minutes I was on to the next step, it being a phone interview.
    I scheduled my phone interview at the next available time slot that fit my schedule which happened to be two weeks from then.
    I had the phone interview on Tuesday, and they told me that it might take up until late March for a decision to be made.
    It’s Thursday today, two days from then, and I got an e-mail telling me that I got accepted!
    Be weary though, because now I simply have seven days to accept and I’ve yet to even apply to other jobs, so it’s really a commitment.

Interview Questions

• Context: on my application I said I’ve only had one job experience.
      Question: Have you ever had any other job or volunteering experience?   1 Answer
    • If I’ve ever had a situation with a roommate, what was the situation, and how did we handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney College Program (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Simple phone interview, feels very casual and calm. Nothing to worry about if you are prepared. Think of some times that you asked questions in an amusement park and think about how you would reply. Biggest thing is to sound like you are smiling and relax as well as focus on safety, courtesy, staying in character, and efficiency when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a guest asked for something non in your designated area?   1 Answer

Disney College Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney College Program in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days received a personality assessment. Completed the assessment and was informed I would have a phone interview. I had to push this out quite a bit due to being out of the country, but this all could've happened within 4-5 days. The interview was very basic...she went over the different role possibilities and asked how I would handle situations pertaining to each role. I received an offer a few days after my phone interview but declined it because after speaking to the interviewer, I did not think I'd get enough value out of it as a graduate student.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of the Disney College Program?   Answer Question

Interview

Know what your top 4 or 5 roles are and be prepared to relate past jobs/internships to those roles. Speak with confidence and smile. Overall a very simple interview. Interviewer was very friendly.

Custodial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney College Program.

Interview

1. Apply online
    2. If you get approved, you will then be asked to take a personality assessment.
    3. Phone Interview

Very simple interview process nothing too difficult. Be confident in your answers and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about a situation at work where you had a conflict, how did you resolve it?
      2. Why do you feel you are best suited for (Role being offered)?   Answer Question

Disney College Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney College Program in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was super friendly, he made it absolutely comfortable. Mine felt like a normal conversation and eased a whole lot of my stress. I felt really confident about my interview and am waiting for my results in a few weeks. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What would the experience be like if you lived with someone from another country?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney College Program (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick online assessment asking you questions about how you react in certain situations and what kind of a person you are. After that, and if you are approved, you move onto a 10-15 minute phone interview where they ask you questions specifically on what they would hire you for.

DCP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney College Program.

Interview

Web Based Interview with personality questions - fail or pass immediately based on responses, Phone Interview with personality and job related questions, discuss customer service and what you could bring to the job