Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions in Glendale, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 9 interviews for this role over the course of a month. The recruiter kept in contact with me for the next four months, telling me to hold tight and gave me multiple timelines for a decision, none of which were met. Role was finally reposted without anyone notifying me. Extremely drawn out, unprofessional and disappointing experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Really pleasant interview process, was like talking with friends. They cared about my work process and seemed generally interested in it. Was very easy to talk to them, wound up talking about our favorite animated movies and shows.

Interview Questions

• What did I look for inspiration in my work.   1 Answer

Franchise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Was interviewed by three different people in the span of 1.5 hours. The first person I interviewed with was the manager and the second was the associate who was leaving.

Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for a screening interview. The entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks meeting with the entire licensing team within the category for a total of 5 interviews. Had to provide several professional references, take a personality test, and an interview with HRBP during the final interview. Wasn't too difficult, but very lengthy process that was in all rewarding. Also had to prove skills required for the role through an analysis project/presentation for the team. Overall, a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you hear about this opportunity? Why are you interested in licensing? How would you try to sell me this (product)?   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Resume and portfolio submit - phone interview with HR - in person interview with the direct report, and managers, an interview with VP - Decision time might take longer due to having many candidates from internal and external - HR offer. The whole process can be up to 3 weeks or even more longer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio speaks itself but the portion of your contribution on the project. For the Design Manager, the skill needs from start to finish for the project.   Answer Question

compensation was not competitive for the position

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions

• There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first and then invited to in-person interview. In person interviews were quite pleasant. Met with two people for an hour each. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Human Resources kept in contact often throughout the interview process, however it took over two months to fill the position. I had three interviews over the course of three months where I interviewed with various members of the Licensing organization and learned about the different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was a challenge for you and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question