Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.8

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

I received an email from recruiting requesting a phone interview, which I answered and didn't hear back, so I wrote again after 4 days. The recruiter said she never got my email, and made an appointment for the phone interview. She didn't call at the allotted time, so I sent another email with no reply. The next day I reached out again and she wrote back saying she had called me several times, but I didn't answer. We made another appointment for a phone call, and she called (15 minutes late) and asked me 3 questions. She wrote the next day asking if I could go on site for an interview the next day, I accepted and she changed the schedule a couple hours later to the end of the week. I showed up for the interview, waited in the lobby for half an hour. The actual interview was great, wonderful people and a beautiful office.

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

App Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a screen over the phone with a HR rep who asked basic background questions and about relevant experience. The second interview was with two of the producers on the production team, who were very kind and receptive to questions .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney Publishing?
      How has the Disney Franchise impacted your life?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Really pleasant interview process, was like talking with friends. They cared about my work process and seemed generally interested in it. Was very easy to talk to them, wound up talking about our favorite animated movies and shows.

Interview Questions

• What did I look for inspiration in my work.   1 Answer

Franchise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Was interviewed by three different people in the span of 1.5 hours. The first person I interviewed with was the manager and the second was the associate who was leaving.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Lovely recruiters :) Joel told me I probably wasn't right for the internship I originally applied for, but suggested I apply for another internship instead that was better suited for me based on my skills and past experiences. So I'm applying to that one and keeping my fingers crossed!

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

The whole process took over a month. While the interviews were not difficult, the scheduling was very poor and it left a very bad taste in my mouth. The position was supposed to start in late August, and not only did the process first start in July, but I was only notified of a decision in late August (10 days before it would start). Would probably not consider applying again since the process was so disorganized. Also, multiple times I heard false dates from the recruiter as to when I would hear a decision. I would probably not apply again.

Disney Consumer Products Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

Recruiter called for pre-interview and followed up with an in-person interview the next week. Met with the Manager and Director for brief interviews. Didn't hear back until a full two weeks later.

Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for a screening interview. The entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks meeting with the entire licensing team within the category for a total of 5 interviews. Had to provide several professional references, take a personality test, and an interview with HRBP during the final interview. Wasn't too difficult, but very lengthy process that was in all rewarding. Also had to prove skills required for the role through an analysis project/presentation for the team. Overall, a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you hear about this opportunity? Why are you interested in licensing? How would you try to sell me this (product)?   Answer Question