Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions

3.1

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

I received an email from recruiting requesting a phone interview, which I answered and didn't hear back, so I wrote again after 4 days. The recruiter said she never got my email, and made an appointment for the phone interview. She didn't call at the allotted time, so I sent another email with no reply. The next day I reached out again and she wrote back saying she had called me several times, but I didn't answer. We made another appointment for a phone call, and she called (15 minutes late) and asked me 3 questions. She wrote the next day asking if I could go on site for an interview the next day, I accepted and she changed the schedule a couple hours later to the end of the week. I showed up for the interview, waited in the lobby for half an hour. The actual interview was great, wonderful people and a beautiful office.

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Franchise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Was interviewed by three different people in the span of 1.5 hours. The first person I interviewed with was the manager and the second was the associate who was leaving.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Lovely recruiters :) Joel told me I probably wasn't right for the internship I originally applied for, but suggested I apply for another internship instead that was better suited for me based on my skills and past experiences. So I'm applying to that one and keeping my fingers crossed!

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

The whole process took over a month. While the interviews were not difficult, the scheduling was very poor and it left a very bad taste in my mouth. The position was supposed to start in late August, and not only did the process first start in July, but I was only notified of a decision in late August (10 days before it would start). Would probably not consider applying again since the process was so disorganized. Also, multiple times I heard false dates from the recruiter as to when I would hear a decision. I would probably not apply again.

Disney Consumer Products Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

Recruiter called for pre-interview and followed up with an in-person interview the next week. Met with the Manager and Director for brief interviews. Didn't hear back until a full two weeks later.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

I applied online through the Disney careers website to around 10 internships and was contacted for 3.

The first two positions started with phone interviews with recruiters. They lasted about 10 minutes each and went through my resume, experience, skills, and availability.

The third position had me come to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 people in the department. The first interview was very quick, not very conversational, but the second person I spoke to was very conversational and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? Would your friends agree? What would they say?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Put through many different interviews by their TEAM.. Asked many questions about product development, I thought there were tricky there were no easy answers. There were type of questions where you would please one person on interview team but not the others,, SO I fell a void

Interview Questions

• A product color is off the specification, the vendor offers to discount the order and still meet your timeline. To reorder the correct color it would take additional resources $... How would you handle it and Why?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
      Answer Question