Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role in the December of the year but didn't hear back before March. After that I was invited to the office for an interview and invited back for a second interview the following week. I didn't get the initial role however my name was passed on and I was then interviewed over the phone and over skype. For each option the process was one to one and a series of questions and general chat.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a team you have worked in and how was it successful?
      Who is your favourite Disney character and why?
      What aspects and skills do you believe a Disney intern should have?
      Describe a creative assignment you have been involved in and how did you approach it and what was the outcome?
      Bring along a creative assignment and explain the processes involved in creating it?
      How do you feel about not working in Fashion?
      What skills can you bring to the role?
      When have you been in a stressful situation and how have you handled it?
      How to you manage to juggle many deadlines at once?
      When have you gone out of your way to help others - in work environment or personal life?
      What 3 words would your friends describe you as?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Human Resources kept in contact often throughout the interview process, however it took over two months to fill the position. I had three interviews over the course of three months where I interviewed with various members of the Licensing organization and learned about the different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was a challenge for you and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Product Development Associate - Games & Puzzles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online- then had a short telephone interview and then asked to go to the head office for a 1st round interview.

First impressions were that it was a very corporate company/ building and a little intimidating. So many lifts and rooms to navigate. Even though the building was big the interview was in a very small/ slightly claustrophobic room.

I had two interviewers the first was the UK recruitment person and the second the Consumer products person.

The interview was an easy first half talking through work, experiance and looking forward in how I wanted to progress in my career and what I could contribute to the position. These questions were asked by the consumer products person.

The second half was conducted by the UK recruitment person and were totally off the wall questions which caught you off guard. A bit of a gruelling end to an interview.

I think the interview would have gone more smoothly and felt more relaxed if these questions were first and then experiance and qualifications after or if these were worked into the conversations when talking through work. This would have put me a little more at ease and allowed me to answer more confidently and with proper context and meaning.

Although the process was a little scatty the interviewers were lovely people and tried to ease you as you sat in the intimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• What does a corporate company mean to you?

How do you think the different segments of Disney work together?

What do you see yourself doing in a year? Two years?

What skills would you like to acquire and build on?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, exam, panel interview background check

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 9 interviews for this role over the course of a month. The recruiter kept in contact with me for the next four months, telling me to hold tight and gave me multiple timelines for a decision, none of which were met. Role was finally reposted without anyone notifying me. Extremely drawn out, unprofessional and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with difficult people?   1 Answer

Mobile Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the senior QA coordinator who was very responsive by email and was willing to accommodate my schedule to set up the interview. The interview was setup very quickly and directions were given. I was able to find the office and the person I needed to find with ease. The coordinator facilitated the interview so that I could come to their local office in my city. The interviewers were efficient and professional and asked about my background and interest in the industry. It was a pleasure describing my passion and telling them about my experience working on projects related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in formalized testing?   1 Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.