Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and very typical. First a quick phone screen to get an idea of my background and skills. Then they asked me to come in for another interview. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. The hiring manager was very accommodating. I heard back within the week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a job posting in mid-November 2017 for a Spring 2018 internship. A recruiter reached out to me a week later via email asking if I was still interested. A few days after responding yes, we talked on the phone informally and he told me he had passed my information on to the department. He mentioned that this is unusual, as he typically does a phone screen before passing applicants' info on but because this was a more technical/art-related role and my application materials showed promise, he bypassed the phone screen and we scheduled an interview. I interviewed in early December 2017 with 2 people from the team I would be working with. They asked about my work, my experience, and what excites me about work in this field. It was relaxed and enjoyable. I was contacted by the same recruiter 3 days after the interview and offered the position over the phone.

Director of Retail Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The process was long with a few discussions with a outside recruiter and then Disney HR contact. The interview questions were standard and many about general requirements of the role and my past experience. Understanding the company from outside is difficult due to the size and matrix organization. There were a few hiring managers interviews first by phone and then in person. Questions were more specific to the role and category and more of a discussion versus a list of questions from a HR person. There were also a few interviews with other people in the organization which helped the decision process. Overall a solid process.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 9 interviews for this role over the course of a month. The recruiter kept in contact with me for the next four months, telling me to hold tight and gave me multiple timelines for a decision, none of which were met. Role was finally reposted without anyone notifying me. Extremely drawn out, unprofessional and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with difficult people?   1 Answer

Mobile Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the senior QA coordinator who was very responsive by email and was willing to accommodate my schedule to set up the interview. The interview was setup very quickly and directions were given. I was able to find the office and the person I needed to find with ease. The coordinator facilitated the interview so that I could come to their local office in my city. The interviewers were efficient and professional and asked about my background and interest in the industry. It was a pleasure describing my passion and telling them about my experience working on projects related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in formalized testing?   1 Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

App Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a screen over the phone with a HR rep who asked basic background questions and about relevant experience. The second interview was with two of the producers on the production team, who were very kind and receptive to questions .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney Publishing?
      How has the Disney Franchise impacted your life?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a quick 15 min. Interview of the typical questions. Previous work experience, comfort level with photoshop, and photography. Followed by a skill test, where you need to photoshop a plush to the standards of the disneystore.com website(in less than 20 mins.)

Interview Questions

• How quickly could you clean up a plush and place it in a white background?   1 Answer

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Resume and portfolio submit - phone interview with HR - in person interview with the direct report, and managers, an interview with VP - Decision time might take longer due to having many candidates from internal and external - HR offer. The whole process can be up to 3 weeks or even more longer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio speaks itself but the portion of your contribution on the project. For the Design Manager, the skill needs from start to finish for the project.   Answer Question

compensation was not competitive for the position