Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.8

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

App Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a screen over the phone with a HR rep who asked basic background questions and about relevant experience. The second interview was with two of the producers on the production team, who were very kind and receptive to questions .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney Publishing?
      How has the Disney Franchise impacted your life?

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a quick 15 min. Interview of the typical questions. Previous work experience, comfort level with photoshop, and photography. Followed by a skill test, where you need to photoshop a plush to the standards of the disneystore.com website(in less than 20 mins.)

Interview Questions

• How quickly could you clean up a plush and place it in a white background?   1 Answer

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Resume and portfolio submit - phone interview with HR - in person interview with the direct report, and managers, an interview with VP - Decision time might take longer due to having many candidates from internal and external - HR offer. The whole process can be up to 3 weeks or even more longer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio speaks itself but the portion of your contribution on the project. For the Design Manager, the skill needs from start to finish for the project.   Answer Question

compensation was not competitive for the position

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

I received an email from recruiting requesting a phone interview, which I answered and didn't hear back, so I wrote again after 4 days. The recruiter said she never got my email, and made an appointment for the phone interview. She didn't call at the allotted time, so I sent another email with no reply. The next day I reached out again and she wrote back saying she had called me several times, but I didn't answer. We made another appointment for a phone call, and she called (15 minutes late) and asked me 3 questions. She wrote the next day asking if I could go on site for an interview the next day, I accepted and she changed the schedule a couple hours later to the end of the week. I showed up for the interview, waited in the lobby for half an hour. The actual interview was great, wonderful people and a beautiful office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role in the December of the year but didn't hear back before March. After that I was invited to the office for an interview and invited back for a second interview the following week. I didn't get the initial role however my name was passed on and I was then interviewed over the phone and over skype. For each option the process was one to one and a series of questions and general chat.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a team you have worked in and how was it successful?
      Who is your favourite Disney character and why?
      What aspects and skills do you believe a Disney intern should have?
      Describe a creative assignment you have been involved in and how did you approach it and what was the outcome?
      Bring along a creative assignment and explain the processes involved in creating it?
      How do you feel about not working in Fashion?
      What skills can you bring to the role?
      When have you been in a stressful situation and how have you handled it?
      How to you manage to juggle many deadlines at once?
      When have you gone out of your way to help others - in work environment or personal life?
      What 3 words would your friends describe you as?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Really pleasant interview process, was like talking with friends. They cared about my work process and seemed generally interested in it. Was very easy to talk to them, wound up talking about our favorite animated movies and shows.

Interview Questions

• What did I look for inspiration in my work.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I attended an assessment event with Disney in London. I took part in some ice breaker activities with other 15 students. After that I took a numeric test which was quite easy. Then I was interviewed by 2 people from the Audit department. The interview questions were quite easy. There was no competency-based questions which made me surprised. The most difficult part was the Excel test. They gave me 8 questions to answer within 30 mins. The first 3 questions were for beginner and very easy but the rest were very difficult and time pressuring.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Disney?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me about yourself. (They seemed to care more about my personality)
      Can you tell us some issues which are challenging to Disney recently?

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It's good telephonic followed by an in person interview. Was interviewed by the technical panel for a good 40 minutes. It's all technical with my previous work experience and questions about data analysis and data warehouse designs. Few questions about Informatica and database related. Then an in person interview by the manager explaining the project

Interview Questions

• Posed a scenario with respect to the warehouse design which I haven't worked on before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stay calm and brush up your basics to crack the interview.