Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.8

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 6 people total. The store manager and one assistant manager conducted the interview. Each member of the group was asked to explain why they wanted to work for the Disney Company. Each of us was then asked to read a scenario card and provide a response for how we would handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were in the form of a scenario. My question was, what would you do in a situation with a tween girl looking at winnie the pooh plush?   1 Answer

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a quick 15 min. Interview of the typical questions. Previous work experience, comfort level with photoshop, and photography. Followed by a skill test, where you need to photoshop a plush to the standards of the disneystore.com website(in less than 20 mins.)

Interview Questions

• How quickly could you clean up a plush and place it in a white background?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
      Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Questions

• Did you really do all of this work?   1 Answer

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Overland Park, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview with the manager where we talked about situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• You see someone shoplifting and they run out the door, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, starting pay was minimum wage.

Unix Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

interview was scheduled quickly and got the response in 2 days, moved to the location in 2 weeks, management was very helpful in setting me up initially and helping me with the user setup process, orientation etc.

Interview Questions

• all tecnical questions related to the field   1 Answer

Negotiation

stick to what you want

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the retail market?   1 Answer
    • do you have product development experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Miami, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

They mainly ask questions to see if you can handle the hectic work environment, and then questions about your favorite Disney characters, and experiences just to get a feel for your personality and if you will fit into the work place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You can AT MOST get them to give you a quarter more, but you have to be PUSHY!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview

There a total of two interviews one with Human Resources and one interview and Hiring Manager Interview. Total of 2 rounds. The entire process was smooth. There wasn't much of a lag time from the initial application to the phone screen to the interview, to the offer. Overall, it was a very positive experience.