Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a job posting in mid-November 2017 for a Spring 2018 internship. A recruiter reached out to me a week later via email asking if I was still interested. A few days after responding yes, we talked on the phone informally and he told me he had passed my information on to the department. He mentioned that this is unusual, as he typically does a phone screen before passing applicants' info on but because this was a more technical/art-related role and my application materials showed promise, he bypassed the phone screen and we scheduled an interview. I interviewed in early December 2017 with 2 people from the team I would be working with. They asked about my work, my experience, and what excites me about work in this field. It was relaxed and enjoyable. I was contacted by the same recruiter 3 days after the interview and offered the position over the phone.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 9 interviews for this role over the course of a month. The recruiter kept in contact with me for the next four months, telling me to hold tight and gave me multiple timelines for a decision, none of which were met. Role was finally reposted without anyone notifying me. Extremely drawn out, unprofessional and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with difficult people?   1 Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Really pleasant interview process, was like talking with friends. They cared about my work process and seemed generally interested in it. Was very easy to talk to them, wound up talking about our favorite animated movies and shows.

Interview Questions

• What did I look for inspiration in my work.   1 Answer

Franchise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Was interviewed by three different people in the span of 1.5 hours. The first person I interviewed with was the manager and the second was the associate who was leaving.

Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for a screening interview. The entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks meeting with the entire licensing team within the category for a total of 5 interviews. Had to provide several professional references, take a personality test, and an interview with HRBP during the final interview. Wasn't too difficult, but very lengthy process that was in all rewarding. Also had to prove skills required for the role through an analysis project/presentation for the team. Overall, a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you hear about this opportunity? Why are you interested in licensing? How would you try to sell me this (product)?   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Resume and portfolio submit - phone interview with HR - in person interview with the direct report, and managers, an interview with VP - Decision time might take longer due to having many candidates from internal and external - HR offer. The whole process can be up to 3 weeks or even more longer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio speaks itself but the portion of your contribution on the project. For the Design Manager, the skill needs from start to finish for the project.   Answer Question

compensation was not competitive for the position

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions

• There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Burbank, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

really well done but long 4-6 weeks.They are very thorough and seemed a lot more in tune with the creative team ,and the individual positions responsibilities than other studios HR departments.

Interview Questions

• whose your favorite character   1 Answer