Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Human Resources kept in contact often throughout the interview process, however it took over two months to fill the position. I had three interviews over the course of three months where I interviewed with various members of the Licensing organization and learned about the different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was a challenge for you and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, then I came in the next day for an in-person interview with the person I would be working for. Talk with HR during the in-person interview was pleasant and mostly centered around work culture and benefits, as we had already spoken about my experience. The senior editorial person I spoke with did not seem to be especially interested in talking with me. She kept her attention on her computer while I answered her questions. I was surprised that she was so disengaged from the interview, especially as I had been asked to come in immediately so she could meet me before she went on a trip.
    The editorial area is dark and cluttered with books. No one smiles or seems to be enjoying themselves. Also, from what I saw there was no diversity in the staff. Diversity is a particular issue in publishing right now and I was struck by the fact that these are the people creating Disney's more "diverse" content, like the Moana books. After the interview I wrote thank-yous to both the HR person and the senior editorial person. I never heard back, not even a form email telling me the position had been filled. Compensation is far below industry standard, but I knew that going on. A side note: A few months after I interviewed I saw that they were trying to fill the position of the person I had interviewed with.

Consumer Products Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviews were over all very pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met and didn't feel uncomfortable or intimated. They all treated me kindly and respectfully and were ver interested in my work experiences.

However the process was long. I had a total of 6 interviews (both in person and phone) over the course of 4 weeks. I emailed them immediately after the 6th interview to inquire about the timeline and when they expected to have a decision. I went 1 week without receiving any response to my email. Finally after a 5 week long process I was rejected with a very generic, copy/paste email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experiences, resume, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Resume and portfolio submit - phone interview with HR - in person interview with the direct report, and managers, an interview with VP - Decision time might take longer due to having many candidates from internal and external - HR offer. The whole process can be up to 3 weeks or even more longer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio speaks itself but the portion of your contribution on the project. For the Design Manager, the skill needs from start to finish for the project.   Answer Question

compensation was not competitive for the position

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It's good telephonic followed by an in person interview. Was interviewed by the technical panel for a good 40 minutes. It's all technical with my previous work experience and questions about data analysis and data warehouse designs. Few questions about Informatica and database related. Then an in person interview by the manager explaining the project

Interview Questions

• Posed a scenario with respect to the warehouse design which I haven't worked on before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stay calm and brush up your basics to crack the interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first and then invited to in-person interview. In person interviews were quite pleasant. Met with two people for an hour each. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Franchise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Was interviewed by three different people in the span of 1.5 hours. The first person I interviewed with was the manager and the second was the associate who was leaving.