Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Really pleasant interview process, was like talking with friends. They cared about my work process and seemed generally interested in it. Was very easy to talk to them, wound up talking about our favorite animated movies and shows.

Interview Questions

• What did I look for inspiration in my work.   1 Answer

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a quick 15 min. Interview of the typical questions. Previous work experience, comfort level with photoshop, and photography. Followed by a skill test, where you need to photoshop a plush to the standards of the disneystore.com website(in less than 20 mins.)

Interview Questions

• How quickly could you clean up a plush and place it in a white background?   1 Answer

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

So far so good. Good salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Burbank, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

really well done but long 4-6 weeks.They are very thorough and seemed a lot more in tune with the creative team ,and the individual positions responsibilities than other studios HR departments.

Interview Questions

• whose your favorite character   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.