Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It's good telephonic followed by an in person interview. Was interviewed by the technical panel for a good 40 minutes. It's all technical with my previous work experience and questions about data analysis and data warehouse designs. Few questions about Informatica and database related. Then an in person interview by the manager explaining the project

Interview Questions

• Posed a scenario with respect to the warehouse design which I haven't worked on before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stay calm and brush up your basics to crack the interview.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Human Resources kept in contact often throughout the interview process, however it took over two months to fill the position. I had three interviews over the course of three months where I interviewed with various members of the Licensing organization and learned about the different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was a challenge for you and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a quick 15 min. Interview of the typical questions. Previous work experience, comfort level with photoshop, and photography. Followed by a skill test, where you need to photoshop a plush to the standards of the disneystore.com website(in less than 20 mins.)

Interview Questions

• How quickly could you clean up a plush and place it in a white background?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Questions

• Did you really do all of this work?   1 Answer

Unix Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

interview was scheduled quickly and got the response in 2 days, moved to the location in 2 weeks, management was very helpful in setting me up initially and helping me with the user setup process, orientation etc.

Interview Questions

• all tecnical questions related to the field   1 Answer

Negotiation

stick to what you want

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the retail market?   1 Answer
    • do you have product development experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Did round robin style interviews with different senior managers across the different departments, it was mostly behavioural interviews (tell me about time when, strength/weakness, etc.). I believe I interviewed with 7-8 teams before finally being selected.