Disney Cruise Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Cruise Vacations Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in March 2017.

Interview

I was first emailed an application and was scheduled a face to face video interview. That went well and was then told I was being scheduled for a phone call with head of entertainment tech two weeks later, that went very well and I was offered a position two hours after that.

Ship Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone-Skype-Skype to final offer via phone. It begins with Recruiter calling setting up Skype interview, sort of get to know you call. Then Recruiter does Skype interview as part of screening process. If you make it through him/her, next Skype is with the Hiring Manager for whatever position you are applying, He/she either give you a thumbs up or down. If thumbs up, you go back to recruiter and he sets up with you to get all training and other documents they will need, plus setting up medical and drug tests. If you make it through Medical and drug test, he/she does another Skype to make you the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle rape investigation? Who would you inform?   1 Answer

Youth Activities Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

You will first get an email, then a Skype and Phone call. The process didn't take too long, I got to know if I got the job in the first couple weeks of applying.

Nursery Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through Cast-A-Way in January 2016...a week and a half later I had a phone interview with them....two weeks after that, I had a webcam interview with DCL, and the evening of the same day, I got an email saying congratulations! The whole process was very fast and going through Cast-A-Way helped so much!

Interview Questions

• What experience with babies do you have? What age group do you work best with and why? How would you make the cruise special for parents and their children?   Answer Question

Entertainment Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Anaheim, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very direct and informative. The ally's help you along the entire way and always encourage you to check in with them. The audition took place at Disneyland with a few others where you perform some basic scripts they've provided a month in advance. Then it's all just submitting paperwork and hoping to get out to sea! Just waiting for my embarkation date.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle working 10-12 hour days with very minimal days off?   1 Answer

Disney Cruise Vacation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Kissimmee, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email to a schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview was standard questions about who I am why I want to work door disney and what do I feel my job duties would be. I researched the Disney cruise ships before the call just to have some info and interview went well. Received an email for in person interview and it was conducted as a panel interview with 4 interviewers and myself. Speak confidently and always remember the show must go on. Got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations.

Interview

I interviewed inside of the Disney casting office (which is a magical place in and of itself). The building is full of whimsy and is a lot of fun. It's almost like walking into a park, but with a little more suited people.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience. It was a fairly straight forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. They offered me the job starting the following week. It was a take it or leave it kind of deal, since I was simply a person who took reservations. I was a cog in the wheel and they really don't let you forget it.

Cruise Vacation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

You'll start with a phone interview with a recruiter that knows nothing about the job. Then if you pass that, you'll be invited in to take a short computer test. If you pass that, you'll go on immediately to a group interview with 3 leader.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Disney Cruise Line?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in June 2014.

Interview

It was a long wait to get one but overall the interview asked you basic questions about your personality and your experience with Children. It was over skype with a recruiting agent sixth star entertainment. There was an initial interview with the recruiter and a follow up interview with a representative from DCL where the questions were short and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you had to overcome when working with children?   Answer Question

Youth Activities Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations.

Interview

I found the ad in the American Camp Association's Year Round Jobs at Camp email blast. I emailed the @sixthstar.com representative listed.Think of them as a 'Bouncer'. They're there to make sure you're not wasting Disney's time by being stupid and uninformed. Oh, and tattooed. They're really big on not having body art. So, DO YOUR RESEARCH!

First Interview (Over Skype): She was nice and had a accent that eased me up and subconsciously reminded me to say "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am". She made sure I had actually READ the description for the job I was applying for, running over the duties and such.

"Have you read the description?"
    "Why Disney Cruise Lines?"
    "How long have you worked with children?"
    "What's the most amount of children that you've taken care of alone or with another person?"

I asked her a lot of good questions about what I'd seen online and in the description. (However I failed to ask these same questions in the second interview, which was with a completely different person, and I think that hurt me.)

She seemed to like me enough and passed me through to the next level. Yay!

Then there were a few emails:
    Sign into the Disney jobs site for the ACTUAL application for the job, and you have to fill it out BEFORE your 2nd interview.
    Sign into Disney's fancy document management system and upload a background check form. (TONS of problems with this) BEFORE your 2nd interview.
    Familiarize yourself with the Montage video interview system in preparation for your 2nd interview.
    Other steps that would have been taken after second interview: Background Check, Fingerprinting, Drug Testing, Physical Exam, and calling EVERY reference.

Second interview (using Montage): I had problems with accessing Montage with Firefox. I contacted our help representative and she suggested trying a different browser. Explorer worked. The interviewer was nice, too.

"How did you find out about this position?"
    "Why Disney Cruise Line?"
    "What do you know about/what questions do you have about life on the cruise?"
    "Do you currently work with children?"
    "What is the largest number of children you have you been in charge of alone?"
    "Have any of your previous jobs required you to use a sanitation protocol?"
    "Have any of your previous jobs required you to have a [child safety course?]?"
    "What would you do if you had a child who was causing a disturbance?"
    "What would you do if you had a child who was not wanting to participate in an activity?"
    "How would you interact with parents?
    "What would you do if you found yourself with a group of kids and some time before an activity?"

After each of my answers she said, "Perfect!" so I thought I was doing good.

"Where are you looking to go in your career?"

And there, my friends, is where I think I jumped the interview shark. My career goals (working with kids in a variety of environments) were not enough, I guess.

I received an email an hour later that said: "DCL feels that they have more qualified candidates at this time. They felt there was a lack of long term commitment."

My work history is mostly camp, and that means seasonal, which looks like close to 10 years of 3-4 months at one place and another 3-4 months somewhere else. All over the country. There was consistent employment here and there.

The experience I have makes me awesome and hit-the-ground-running skilled; this experience -since it came from so many different places- apparently makes me a flight risk.

So be prepared for that if your resume has a lot of random experience.

Interview Questions

• "Where are you looking to go in your career?"   2 Answers