Disney Cruise Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Disney Cruise Vacations

2.7

Youth Activities Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Detroit, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online on company site, interviewed online via skype type interview, offered position within a week! They ask you possible embark date and then you have to complete a ton of medical clearances before they give you an official offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences working with children? How have you handled difficult situations with Children and Parents   Answer Question

Automation Systems Rigger Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Went through multiple phone interviews with different individuals. After getting through the interviews there were back group chec is and physicals. They have to make sure that you don't have any health issues that may be an issue put at Sea. It was an overall smoothhiring process it just took a long time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in March 2017.

Interview

I was first emailed an application and was scheduled a face to face video interview. That went well and was then told I was being scheduled for a phone call with head of entertainment tech two weeks later, that went very well and I was offered a position two hours after that.

Ship Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone-Skype-Skype to final offer via phone. It begins with Recruiter calling setting up Skype interview, sort of get to know you call. Then Recruiter does Skype interview as part of screening process. If you make it through him/her, next Skype is with the Hiring Manager for whatever position you are applying, He/she either give you a thumbs up or down. If thumbs up, you go back to recruiter and he sets up with you to get all training and other documents they will need, plus setting up medical and drug tests. If you make it through Medical and drug test, he/she does another Skype to make you the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle rape investigation? Who would you inform?   1 Answer

Youth Activities Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

You will first get an email, then a Skype and Phone call. The process didn't take too long, I got to know if I got the job in the first couple weeks of applying.

Nursery Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through Cast-A-Way in January 2016...a week and a half later I had a phone interview with them....two weeks after that, I had a webcam interview with DCL, and the evening of the same day, I got an email saying congratulations! The whole process was very fast and going through Cast-A-Way helped so much!

Interview Questions

• What experience with babies do you have? What age group do you work best with and why? How would you make the cruise special for parents and their children?   Answer Question

Entertainment Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Anaheim, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very direct and informative. The ally's help you along the entire way and always encourage you to check in with them. The audition took place at Disneyland with a few others where you perform some basic scripts they've provided a month in advance. Then it's all just submitting paperwork and hoping to get out to sea! Just waiting for my embarkation date.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle working 10-12 hour days with very minimal days off?   1 Answer

Disney Cruise Vacation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Kissimmee, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email to a schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview was standard questions about who I am why I want to work door disney and what do I feel my job duties would be. I researched the Disney cruise ships before the call just to have some info and interview went well. Received an email for in person interview and it was conducted as a panel interview with 4 interviewers and myself. Speak confidently and always remember the show must go on. Got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney.   1 Answer

Cruise Vacation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially, there is a computer assessment. If passed satisfactorily, you move on to an interview with a panel of leaders/managers - usually 3. Typically, at least one of them is from your department. The other two could be from another department in the building but related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Role play - scenario with a guest getting info for potentially booking a cruise. What information would you provide them and how would you close the sale if they were hesitant to commit at this time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations.

Interview

I interviewed inside of the Disney casting office (which is a magical place in and of itself). The building is full of whimsy and is a lot of fun. It's almost like walking into a park, but with a little more suited people.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience. It was a fairly straight forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. They offered me the job starting the following week. It was a take it or leave it kind of deal, since I was simply a person who took reservations. I was a cog in the wheel and they really don't let you forget it.