Disney Cruise Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Senior Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

2 phone calls by recruiter
    1 call by A Ent tech leader
    The conversation was more how you would Handle the management of a team rather than how technical your knowledge is. I was asked how I feel about disipline. There was also a few minor technical questions. But I have a past with the company anyway and had an in with the company

Interview Questions

• How many years experience I had   1 Answer

Assistant Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

I applied directly via email to HR and then nothing. Recruiting is a two way street from both a candidate and potential employer perspective. As an experienced HR professional, I have built relationships with candidates that might not have been a fit at that time but either could assist in finding the perfect candidate or becoming the perfect candidate in the future. Not notifying a candidate that you aren't interested or have filled the role is just lazy and speaks volumes about the corporate culture (or lack of it).

Youth Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in February 2013.

Interview

From the United States, I went through a 2 part interview. After sending in my resume through one of the third parties provided by the DCLjobs website I went through two Skype interviews. The first was general information about the job and some basic questions. The second stage interview went into more scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to two children fighting in the space   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Celebration, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview was easy, they ask basic stuff about your knowledge of the ships, and your experience in the tourism industry.

Interview Questions

• At in person interview they do a mock sales call of someone not sure of what kind of cruise they're looking for   1 Answer

PR, Disney Cruise Lines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Orlando, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Very typical interview. Started with being cleared through the Disney recruiter, then a phone call with the hiring manager and then a trip to Orlando for an inperson interview. Everyone was very friendly although it was very clear that they had someone else in mind for the position. It was very kind of them to bring me down though. Sometimes, communication with the recruiter was difficult but it is a large company and I am sure they were slammed.

GUEST COMMUNICATOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Honolulu, HI) in April 2011.

Interview

Common practical interview questions...very straightforward

Entertainment Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Anaheim, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very direct and informative. The ally's help you along the entire way and always encourage you to check in with them. The audition took place at Disneyland with a few others where you perform some basic scripts they've provided a month in advance. Then it's all just submitting paperwork and hoping to get out to sea! Just waiting for my embarkation date.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle working 10-12 hour days with very minimal days off?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations in June 2014.

Interview

It was a long wait to get one but overall the interview asked you basic questions about your personality and your experience with Children. It was over skype with a recruiting agent sixth star entertainment. There was an initial interview with the recruiter and a follow up interview with a representative from DCL where the questions were short and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you had to overcome when working with children?   Answer Question

Youth Activities Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations (Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

You will first get an email, then a Skype and Phone call. The process didn't take too long, I got to know if I got the job in the first couple weeks of applying.

Youth Activities Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Cruise Vacations.

Interview

I found the ad in the American Camp Association's Year Round Jobs at Camp email blast. I emailed the @sixthstar.com representative listed.Think of them as a 'Bouncer'. They're there to make sure you're not wasting Disney's time by being stupid and uninformed. Oh, and tattooed. They're really big on not having body art. So, DO YOUR RESEARCH!

First Interview (Over Skype): She was nice and had a accent that eased me up and subconsciously reminded me to say "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am". She made sure I had actually READ the description for the job I was applying for, running over the duties and such.

"Have you read the description?"
    "Why Disney Cruise Lines?"
    "How long have you worked with children?"
    "What's the most amount of children that you've taken care of alone or with another person?"

I asked her a lot of good questions about what I'd seen online and in the description. (However I failed to ask these same questions in the second interview, which was with a completely different person, and I think that hurt me.)

She seemed to like me enough and passed me through to the next level. Yay!

Then there were a few emails:
    Sign into the Disney jobs site for the ACTUAL application for the job, and you have to fill it out BEFORE your 2nd interview.
    Sign into Disney's fancy document management system and upload a background check form. (TONS of problems with this) BEFORE your 2nd interview.
    Familiarize yourself with the Montage video interview system in preparation for your 2nd interview.
    Other steps that would have been taken after second interview: Background Check, Fingerprinting, Drug Testing, Physical Exam, and calling EVERY reference.

Second interview (using Montage): I had problems with accessing Montage with Firefox. I contacted our help representative and she suggested trying a different browser. Explorer worked. The interviewer was nice, too.

"How did you find out about this position?"
    "Why Disney Cruise Line?"
    "What do you know about/what questions do you have about life on the cruise?"
    "Do you currently work with children?"
    "What is the largest number of children you have you been in charge of alone?"
    "Have any of your previous jobs required you to use a sanitation protocol?"
    "Have any of your previous jobs required you to have a [child safety course?]?"
    "What would you do if you had a child who was causing a disturbance?"
    "What would you do if you had a child who was not wanting to participate in an activity?"
    "How would you interact with parents?
    "What would you do if you found yourself with a group of kids and some time before an activity?"

After each of my answers she said, "Perfect!" so I thought I was doing good.

"Where are you looking to go in your career?"

And there, my friends, is where I think I jumped the interview shark. My career goals (working with kids in a variety of environments) were not enough, I guess.

I received an email an hour later that said: "DCL feels that they have more qualified candidates at this time. They felt there was a lack of long term commitment."

My work history is mostly camp, and that means seasonal, which looks like close to 10 years of 3-4 months at one place and another 3-4 months somewhere else. All over the country. There was consistent employment here and there.

The experience I have makes me awesome and hit-the-ground-running skilled; this experience -since it came from so many different places- apparently makes me a flight risk.

So be prepared for that if your resume has a lot of random experience.

Interview Questions

• "Where are you looking to go in your career?"   2 Answers