Disney Interactive Studios Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Interactive Studios Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview, I spent about 4 to 5 hours there with multiple teams, from Directors to the team I would work with.
They assessed my skills as well as my persona compatibility for the team.

Interview Questions

• Did I like videogames and which I played? (This was relevant as this studio develops mobile videogames)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Interactive Studios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First talked to several different recruiters. The recruiters based out of Seattle are AWESOME. This was the best part. Then, I had a phone screen with the manager which went well. After that, I had a almost 3 hour highly technical phone screen. This was HORRIBLE and the worst way to do it. i mentioned multiple times that I lived close and could come in for a long technical interview but they wanted to do it over the phone. I answered the questions well and followed up on anything I could not answer. After 2 hours though, my brain was fried and I had trouble continuing to answer. Bad interview process. They did not continue with the process. I feel if I had been brought in, I would have done much better (which I did awesome on other interviews and got multiple job offers).

Interview Questions

• How many fire hydrants are there in Los Angeles County?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in July 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first was with a recruiter asking surprisingly specific questions to the job description to really narrow down qualified candidates. The latter were with the actual manager and team.

Interview Questions

• No programming questions were specifically asked. A lot of concepts were covered.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying on the Disney position for a position of Software Engineer. The recruiter missed calling me 3 times. had to reschedule the call times because of that. After finally conversing with him, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview.

The Engineer had rescheduled the call 5 times citing useless reasons as forgot to call, team lunch got extended, was not notified by the recruiter and so on. None of the reasons were legitimate. Finally, when we got to talk, I cleared the phone screen and was invited for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was no different. Nobody knew I was scheduled for an interview and had to wait for 75 minutes before anybody could talk to me. The interview went well and I was offered the job. But, following my interview experiences I decided to decline the offer for obvious reasons. Nobody seemed interested in the work and nobody was serious. I would not want to work for such company where the work is NOT serious and NOT organized to any extent.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were tough. Was asked to write a crawler, implement powerset algorithm, design a an elevator system for a gaming framework.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Redmond, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with basic C++ knowledge, then in-person interview with 5 people. Some algorithm and programming testing.