Disney Internet Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Internet Group Interview Questions

2.9

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (North Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview and after about 2 months a face to face after which I was hired on contract. Contract converted into a full time position in 3 months.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Interview

brought me in and had me in front of several people who looked very unkempt and they proceeded to ask me questions which I answered. when I asked them questions that would reveal whether they liked the job or not, the answer I got was, that's confidential.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Interview

Applied via disney career site, set up conference call after 1 month ( I guess??)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Interview

Apply online for the job then you may get a phone interview. Then you are called into interview with about 100 other candidates in a rotating interview fashion between five hiring managers. The process itself lasts about 4 hours with about 5 minutes of interview time between each manager. If you meet their expectations you will be called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the strangest customer service experience you have had so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, you take what they offer.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I submitted an online application to a Visual Design position. The process took about 3 weeks total, I heard back from the Recruiter within 2 weeks, we scheduled a phone interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. We went over my portfolio and my past work experiences. They then connected me to speak with one person on my team. Both of them were incredibly nice and well spoken, we talked a lot about design, inspiration, and business of design. After this, my recruiter then scheduled me to speak with all my other team members back to back. Everyone asked very different questions and were very insightful in letting me know the work culture.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite piece in your portfolio and how would you say it impacted the client it was delivered to?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Agency recruiter contacted me and set up initial conversation with hiring manager. Subsequently had technical phone screen with a developer. Called in for onsite technical interview consisting of 3-4 rounds, including deva and hiring manager (also technical). Called back to meet with another manager.

Interview atmosphere was mostly friendly and cooperative, rather than adversarial or trying to show you how dumb you are. Interviewer questions seemed well thought out (good preparation).

Interview Questions

• Don'recall any especially difficult or unexpected, but was asked typical questions about reversing strings, sorting structures, etc. Also got asked about data caching concepts, and probably basic SQL (don't recall).   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was for contract and the offer was generous, so no need for negotiation.

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and was wonderful through the entire process. My writing samples were so good they skipped the phone interview and brought me in for 4 1:1 interviews. I made a PPT presentation for them to take away. The people at Playdom were all very nice and the corporate culture very young, mostly undert 30. I didn't get the job offer because they wanted someone with very recent interactive creative copy experience, and mine was a little dated. But if you'd be in the industry, you'd have a shot.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Getting an interview at Disney is the hard part. They often fill posted positions internally and rely greatly on references. Try to track someone down at Disney to refer you when you apply for a job. The interview process starts with a phone interview from HR, then they bring you in if it seems like a fit. The whole process from the HR call to an offer can take a long time - probably 4 to 8 weeks.

My interview was fairly long. I met with 4 different people, 30 minutes each. Questions were standard. They like to make sure you're a fan of the Disney brand and that you've had experience working on brands with strict guidelines. There are a lot of people at Disney who live and breathe the brand, so try to be excited, upbeat, and positive. They might ask questions like "What's your favorite Disney character?" Culture is very important to them. Make sure you don't dress overly formal. The people who work there tend to be friendly, confident and warm.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Disney IP before? Or have you worked with any brands with strict guidelines?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite Disney brand or character?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For every position there is a range of roughly 10k. Definitely negotiate to make sure you're coming in on the higher end of the spectrum. But ask for anything outside of that 10k range they are going to be totally inflexible.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Things seemed to go ok, so I was interested to hear back. However, after the interview I was never contacted by anyone at Disney again. I can live with not getting the job, but for them to not have the courtesy to let me know was just plain unprofessional. My advice is to look elsewhere for a job where you will be treated with more respect.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

- responded to a Craigslist ad
    - had an initial phone interview
    - had a day of in-person interviews
    Overall I found the process standard and the interviews relatively easy.

Negotiation

Disney offered me $5K less than my previous position. When I tried to counter, they said they were at the limit to what they could offer me. IMHO this might be true; I am highly paid at what I do.