Disney Internet Group Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Disney Internet Group Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (North Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview and after about 2 months a face to face after which I was hired on contract. Contract converted into a full time position in 3 months.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Interview

brought me in and had me in front of several people who looked very unkempt and they proceeded to ask me questions which I answered. when I asked them questions that would reveal whether they liked the job or not, the answer I got was, that's confidential.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Getting an interview at Disney is the hard part. They often fill posted positions internally and rely greatly on references. Try to track someone down at Disney to refer you when you apply for a job. The interview process starts with a phone interview from HR, then they bring you in if it seems like a fit. The whole process from the HR call to an offer can take a long time - probably 4 to 8 weeks.

My interview was fairly long. I met with 4 different people, 30 minutes each. Questions were standard. They like to make sure you're a fan of the Disney brand and that you've had experience working on brands with strict guidelines. There are a lot of people at Disney who live and breathe the brand, so try to be excited, upbeat, and positive. They might ask questions like "What's your favorite Disney character?" Culture is very important to them. Make sure you don't dress overly formal. The people who work there tend to be friendly, confident and warm.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Disney IP before? Or have you worked with any brands with strict guidelines?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite Disney brand or character?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For every position there is a range of roughly 10k. Definitely negotiate to make sure you're coming in on the higher end of the spectrum. But ask for anything outside of that 10k range they are going to be totally inflexible.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Burbank, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The recruiting process was a mystery for me.

I applied online for a web/html developer position.
    Initially, a recruiter called me for a position for a position in international software
    development. It was a casual talk about my general background and exp.

Then I never heard back from her.
    Seems that these contract recruiters, though they only hire for Disney, work like freelance
    placement agents. They simply work to make commissions, it seems. Nothing was clear,
    whether the position is open, or what skill sets they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

The HR recruiter reached out to me regarding this role that I had applied for. She provided more detail about the role and asked I was still interested. I answered that I was interested and she set up an in-person interview for me.

The in-person interview consisted of meeting 4 team members in addition to talking to the HR recruiter at the beginning of the interview. The team members were very enjoyable to chat with, they just wanted to gauge how well I would fit into the team and the role. There were a few questions about my skills set and other questions about how I would handle certain situations.

After the in-person interview, I received a call that evening with a verbal offer. The offer letter was sent to me the following week and I officially accepted. They were able to run my background check throughout the next 2 weeks which coincided well with me giving my 2 weeks notice to my previous employer and wrapping up my previous role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how I would handle certain production requests for the team   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (North Hollywood, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, then two rounds of in-person interviews on separate days. First was with the Director to whom the job reported, two peers, and another internal staff member with whom the position would interact. The second round was with the Director again, his SVP boss, another peer, and two more staff members.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for developing a project, from initiation to completion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offered was acceptable; benefits were exceptional.

Since I was joining the company mid-year, it would be 18 months before I'd be eligible for a Short Term Incentive Program (STIP) bonus. I was able to negotiate a signing bonus based on a pro-rated amount of the estimated STIP bonus.

Senior Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Internet Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Informal Interview process with few technical questions testing the breadth of knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving the company you are with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was tough with the constant "low balling" on the part of the company.