Disney Parks & Resorts Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Parks & Resorts Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Did not have background they were looking for.they did not give me a chance to explain why I want the job. I wish it was informal. It was very difficult to understand what they were looking for. I will focus on improving my self and will work hard to learn more and work harder

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interview - group of 2-3 people and then met with senior management. they contact you by phone - first interview was HR that did a basic screening interview and then sets up more phoen interview and finally face to face.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Campus recruiting email was sent out for in person interviews. Sat down and had a 30 minute interview which was enjoyable. They mentioned that they traditionally offer invitations to interview at Orlando 2 weeks after the first round. Received an email 2 weeks later informing me that, though I was a strong candidate, I would not be receiving a second round interview. Still a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Just your average behavioral questions. Why Disney, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (University of Miami, FL).

Interview

On campus information session and interviews the next day. They told me it was a personality interview, but it also included finance and accounting question, and software specific questions. It did started like a regular personality interview to see if you match with Disney corporate culture, the interviewer was testing my moral values at some point.

Interview Questions

• Excel related questions for financial models, like which formulas and functions I knew how to use to calculate financial problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Blitz, lots of people, multiple interviews, business case. Extremely competitive, they bring you in and set you up in one of the resorts. Come prepared, know your stuff, both technical and personal type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial recruiting interview conducted over the phone. Second interview brought in for a 2 hour panel interview with 3 different panels. Panels asked a combo of fit questions and technical questions. The technical questions were specifically related to corporate finance and variance analysis. Questions ranged from broad to very specific regarding hypothetical projects.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 10 million to invest at Disney where would you invest and why?   1 Answer
    • How would you know if your project was successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal candidate so negotiating is not common. External candidates have a much better shot at this.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Glendale, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

3 month long process. Disorganized communication with HR. Initial interview which involved an Excel test, case study, and speaking with three of the Director, Manager of Finance, Finance Manager, and previous position holder. Second round interview was much more informal. Received notice of offer three months after I had applied or 2 months after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Business case: Disney has the chance to open three types of resorts (with different sizes/price points) in the Florida area. Based on the statistics of each one, which type of resort would you recommend they build?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Burbank, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was all about fit. No technical questions- just behavioral and informal. One manager said that Disney Parks and Resorts is a very conservative work environment and is "republican."

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Was hired as an intern - one general HR phone interview. Was told quickly that I was retained for an interview with a Manager of Finance. This was a phone interview again and upon hire, the company decides which finance team the intern will join. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible at all!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Panel Interview with a case study