Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.7

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Cliche interview question that has zero relevance to my 10 year work experience. I realize I didn't do well on that stupid question, but it would have still been nice to hear ANYTHING afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a parking lot   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple 30 min interviews with technical folks and managers. Technical interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. Managers seemed to be very different. Awkward socially and aggressive. Met with 8 different people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• What do the words in Java mean: final, finally and finalize.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a technical phone screening. It was fast paced we solid Java server side questions. Not focused as much on trick syntax questions as I have seen from some, but actual relevant design questions.
    Then went in for face to face with engineers and managers. About 2 1/2 hours on site.

Interview Questions

• What are ways to increase database performance in a Java server application?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on a thursday, emailed about an interview on a monday and scheduled an interview for Thursday. The process was really a quick process and I was really very impressed with their quick response time. The Recruitment chair seemed very nice and friendly, I loved talking to her, and made sure I had questions to ask her.

Various Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Hiring was pretty easy. There are several internships offered and the applications are all similar. You can apply for many at once. The first interview, should you make it that far, is a phone interview. This is quite the strict interview, and I guess they use it to weed out as many people as possible as so many apply. Definitely be prepared, because a bad or even mediocre interview pretty much automatically disqualified you for all positions you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills do you have and how did you demonstrate them?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to work as part of a team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • When have you been faced with a tough situation that you had to take control of? How did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Did not have background they were looking for.they did not give me a chance to explain why I want the job. I wish it was informal. It was very difficult to understand what they were looking for. I will focus on improving my self and will work hard to learn more and work harder

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I applied for a cash handling position but you're not guaranteed to be placed in a certain position once you get interviewed. The HR person determined I'd be a better fit working in attractions, so she interviewed me for that.

Itinerary Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted application and was contacted to set up phone interview. Scheduled phone interview for first available appointment. Interviewer called at the scheduled time. The interview was am initial screening which lasted approximately 15 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was asked to schedule an in person interview with the manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager which took about an hour. Very conversational, typical job skills questions with time to ask my questions. Hiring manager took a lot of time to explain changes within the department and why this role was open and what he was looking for. Then contacted by HR to arrange skype interviews with 2 other managers; again typical job skills questions. Next step was to be skype or in person interviews with Senior Management but I never heard from anyone again despite following up with hiring manager by email and phone. Not even a thanks, but we've selected another candidate. Honestly, I expected more from Disney.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you've used customer data to get smarter about the audiences you are trying to reach?   Answer Question

Asia Revenue Management & Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

It is a telephone screen. The interviewer asked me to give a brief introduction and asked some behavior questions. Like how did I know about the opportunity; why do you want to work for Disney etc. The interviewer is HR so no test of professional expertise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario that you achieved something   1 Answer