Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Attractions Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Arrived early and checked in at the Casting Center. It was a simple interview. More like having a conversation. It lasted about 10 minutes. Smile a lot! Just talk about why you want to work for Disney and let them know what you want out of your experience with Disney and they will try to place you in a job that you will love.

Safety Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

The interview process was a multi step process starting with 3 phone interviews, Skype interview and an in person. You also have to develop a presentation on 3 safety subjects.

Hotel Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I've went through three separate interview processes and they have all been pretty smooth. The online interviewstore were pretty lengthy. Although I don't like timed interviews all the questions were fairly simple to answer I'm the time required.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for our company?   1 Answer

Hotel Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

So first I applied online. Same day I got am email asking me to complete an online interview which is basically a personality quiz. Before I took the quiz it informed me that I would be told after the questionnaire if I was put through.
    After taking the quiz I received an email asking me to schedule an interview. So I went to the link they sent me and there were two options; phone interview and face to face interview. I proceeded to make a face to face interview. I made my appointment for the following week.
    On the day of my interview I arrived 10 minutes before (as requested in the confirmation email). I went to the Disneyland casting center and was met at the front desk by two kind gentlemen. I told them my name and interview appointment time and one of the men checked the computer and directed me to where I was to wait and informed me who my interviewer was. After about 10-15 minutes I was greeted by my (very kind) interviewer. We went into her office and she began to ask me some simple questions listed below. After the questions, she told me that she did not see me doing the room attendant position but that I might be better suited for three other positions, which she offered to me. I picked attractions and she informed me of their openings.
    After being hired, I was sent an email to consent to a drug test and background check. I consented to both online. I was then sent an email stating I had 48 hours to complete my drug test. They told me where to go and I did it. (*Hint: do not wait to the last minute to complete drug test*)
    I was scheduled an "on-boarding" appointment which is really just orientation/filling out paperwork for about an hour.
    After On-boarding you are then scheduled "Traditions" which is your first day technically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for Disney?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on a thursday, emailed about an interview on a monday and scheduled an interview for Thursday. The process was really a quick process and I was really very impressed with their quick response time. The Recruitment chair seemed very nice and friendly, I loved talking to her, and made sure I had questions to ask her.

Security Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

They called with a complete disregard for my availability. I got through all the questions then they said I have to be willing to work at night. I have a 4year old, that's not happening. It makes no since why they would ask for availability on the application and then completely disregard it. It wasn't like I didn't have good availability, able to work first and second shift 5days a week. Sad I had to decline but time with my son is more important.

Interview Questions

• What makes me qualified for the job.   1 Answer

They wanted me to work nights.

Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

You walk in and check in with security then wait inside. They have movies playing. You check in on an iPad and shortly after the get you. They ask about 5 questions

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset guest?   1 Answer

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call interview. She called 15 minutes early and the whole process lasted about 20 minutes. She asked me pretty basic simple questions, but only a couple, then she asked if I knew about the "disney look" and went over that with me to make sure I fit the look. Then she asked me my preferred roles I would like to have (as I was applying for Merch, Attractions, Quick Service, and Custodial). After she informed me there were only Quick Service spots available, which was my last choice. I still took it and she told me Id be working inside Disneyland, not CA Adventure. And then we hung up. Easiest interview Ive ever had

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated great customer service in your last job?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to Disneyland Resort, first they send you a WBI (Web Based Interview) which is essentially just a personality test, if you pass that they directly send you a link to set up your interivew. I only had the option to do a phone interview but I have heard you could get asked to do an in person interview or even both. I got a call from someone that works for Disney HR in Florida, he asked a few questions about my work history and offered me a position right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Various Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Hiring was pretty easy. There are several internships offered and the applications are all similar. You can apply for many at once. The first interview, should you make it that far, is a phone interview. This is quite the strict interview, and I guess they use it to weed out as many people as possible as so many apply. Definitely be prepared, because a bad or even mediocre interview pretty much automatically disqualified you for all positions you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills do you have and how did you demonstrate them?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to work as part of a team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • When have you been faced with a tough situation that you had to take control of? How did you do?   Answer Question