Disney Parks & Resorts Merchandise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Parks & Resorts Merchandise Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview web interview and that's it. Once the web interview was done I had to schedule a phone interview. Then I went to casting for hiring paperwork and fingerprinting for my background check

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to Disneyland Resort, first they send you a WBI (Web Based Interview) which is essentially just a personality test, if you pass that they directly send you a link to set up your interivew. I only had the option to do a phone interview but I have heard you could get asked to do an in person interview or even both. I got a call from someone that works for Disney HR in Florida, he asked a few questions about my work history and offered me a position right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Disneyland around early April, 3 weeks after i self termed in Disneyworld in Florida for Emergency reasons. I was terrified i was going to be on Restricted Rehire or No rehire at all. but that wasnt the case.
    I got an email 4 months later asking me for a web based interview, since i had already taken it before, i passed. Scheduled the interview for 4 days later. I got to the Team Disney place to the casting center, Security checked my bag and told me where to go, I checked in with the receptionist at the desk, and she told me they would call in me in a couple of minutes. I sat next to another girl and chatted until they called her name. Then my name was called. I greeted the lady woman who was interviewing me, shook her hand and smiled.
     First thing she said was "So you have worked for Disney before?" And i told her yes, told her what my role was and what my job duties where (Quick Service Food And Beverage). Since i had applied for "Custodial/Merchandise/Food And Beverage/Attractions" position that was on the website, she handed me 3 papers with different jobs and there duties. She asked me which two i preferred, i said either attractions or merchandise. And she asked me a couple of questions regarding stuff that had to do with the positions. She asked me to step outside so she could check to see if there are any positions available. I waited for around 8 minutes when she called me back in, said she found a position in merchandise in Disney California Adventure. I accepted and she congratulated me and walked me out to the front desk and handed the receptionist a paper to schedule Onboarding.. and i have traditions in 2 weeks. I am beyond excited to go back and work for the mouse!!

Interview Questions

• Why Disney?   1 Answer
    • What makes good Costumer Service?   1 Answer
    • Can you swim? Are you Claustrophobic? Are you afraid of heights? Can you distinguish between green and red? (For attractions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was broken up into three stages. The first was having to take a timed online personality quiz after you applied. The second was a short phone interview. The third was a one on one in person interview, although I know others have had group interviews depending on how busy the casting center is the of. It was a bit of a long process, but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time a guest came to you with a problem at your previous job and how you came to a solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very simple interview process everyone was nice and choice of park to work at was nice very flexible scheduling all in all really great
    I was very excited she gave me a schedule to meet at disney university and start my first day of work.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Online application then 1 phone interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online with simple questions and work history information. Received an email a few hours later asking me for more information and questions about myself and work situations. Immediately after, I was offered to schedule an interview. I picked the very next day to go in. Went in to the Casting Center 10 mins for my scheduled time. I had to wait about an hour to be interviewed (it was sorta like waiting in a doctor's office - they call your name in order of when you came). The process was really easy. The interviewer just asked about my past and current part time job and experiences. It is a simple job so not a lot to really ask since I have worked retail before. I have a lot of visible arm tattoos so I was a bit worried this would hurt me. I'm required to wear long sleeves and the interviewer even made sure I'd be put in a spot that's always indoors and has a/c! Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was how I'd try and explain merchandise to people of different languages. Not really THAT unexpected since people come all over the world to visit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. I was allowed some freedom to choose where I work and which days.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Started with an application on Disneycareers.com and answered standard questions about yourself. From there was an web screen interview based on behavioral traits to see if you would fit into the Disney Service Culture, then a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time where you experienced professional difficulties?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2012.

Interview

I was first hired through the college program and remained seasonal

Interview Questions

• I can't remember much of the interview. It lasted around 20 minutes on the phone, and they made you feel very comfortable so that helped. Make sure you are smiling through out the whole phone interview, even if they can't see you. They could hear your smile through your voice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Kissimmee, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is simple and fast. Most likely if you have an interview you already have the position. they give you all instruction and destinations to where you need to be.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult or unexpected question asked might be, Why do you want to work for Disney, because you think that if you answer wrong you might not get the position. Again you most likely already got the position, unless it is a position that needs more qualifications.   Answer Question