Disney Parks & Resorts Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by an HR rep. She scheduled a phone interview for me with the hiring manager, which was about an hour in length. That same afternoon the HR person contacted me to find out my availability to come in for the "full day" interview where you meet at least 10-15 people, ranging from creative to technical to project management. After that there was a phone interview with a higher-up in Orlando but I sensed it was a formality because they had already told me when I could expect an offer. Interviewers mostly asked questions (many repeats of the same questions, in fact) in the behavioral interview style, "tell me about a time when team members disagreed with you" and "what would you do if xyz happened and you couldn't meet the deadline" etc.

I will note that their process was slightly disorganized between different HR centers in Orlando and Glendale, sending me duplicate requests for forms to fill out, leaving out details such as where to park, etc. so I had to be proactive in getting the information I needed.

Everyone was very nice. Basically they were looking for "fit", since there are many qualified applicants and they were not in a rush to fill the position by a particular date.

After I accepted the offer, I received several kind emails from peers and management congratulating me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were sure your solution was right, but everyone on your team was opposed to it.   1 Answer
  • What if you are up against the very last minute of a deadline, and your coworker has not given you their portion of the work that is due? (Assume you cannot replicate their work.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is very difficult to negotiate with Disney, as they have strict salary bands for each role. They offered me about 20% less than I was making at the time (at another company). I bargained hard and after getting many levels of approval they were able to meet me in the middle with a combination of increased base + signing bonus. Most other terms were totally non-negotiable (e.g. vacation, waiting period for certain benefits).