Disney Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Store (Pasadena, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview where I talked to the hiring manager and two other engineers. Was pretty general about my background and experience - not too technical. I then got a tour on site to see the location, people I will be working with etc. About an hour after that I got a job offer to start immediatly.

Negotiation

Very easy. I got what I asked for.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Ontario, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Group interview. You are quizzed on your disney knowledge. You are asked to sell something to your group. They ask you to describe your best shopping experience and your worst. And they play disney trivia with the group for fun.

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite character   1 Answer

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store.

Interview

The interview process was a new experience for me. At first when I applied in the store, I was not aware that it would be a group interview until the manager called to schedule an interview with me. The interview itself did not start until the scheduled persons arrived, or until it was time to start the process. The recruiter asked each person the same question, and the next person, so it gave you a moment to think about your answer. It made me a little nervous in this different environment at first, but after it was more comfortable than a regular interview, one-on-one. The next step was an orientation with the whole staff of everyone in the store. We all had met and told our interests and things that are unique about ourselves.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you would take camping?   1 Answer

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Modesto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was an easy going group interview. They want to see your attitude, reliability, and creativity. Make sure you smile a lot and show your energy and excitement for working for a great company like Disney.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was pleasant. I was asked to visit several stores around and give a feedback of the experience? questions were related to Disney movies and parks. they ask you your knowledge for it and you need to do some homework. then they give a call with job offer but you still have to go though a background check which may take from 5 to 30 days , after background check is clear you will be invited to do paperwork.

Interview Questions

• what is you favorite princesses? how would you act if you see a little boy entering the store with Mickey shirt?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Long drive to interviews, 1st Interview was great! 2nd with Area Manager was mainly about her talking about how she does not have to advertise job, yet it was posted on line next day? Was told they would get back to you either way never got a call back. Being Disney you would expect the same service they give clients in the Interview process. More talking about the one on the interview then the one doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• pretty typical interview, felt as if here the area managers life story rather then interviewing for a job. Basic questions on service and skills.No follow up what so ever after..even after being told they would.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy and very professional, got contacted over the phone and then called to meet store manager. Asked if had worked as a cashier before and if felt comfortable working under pressure around holidays.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Store.

Interview

I had one round of interviews with them and it was with a group of 3, but only me and another showed. The manager of the store interviewed us and she was very warm and welcoming and made it easy to converse with her. She told us about the position first then moved on to basic questions, previous experience and also why we would like to work there. She then asked us to give us an example of how we would greet a guest with "Disney lingo." Overall it was great and I didn't have to wait long for an offer call. I assume because it is seasonal.

Interview Questions

• A boy with a Woody plush wells in the store. How would you greet him?   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Brea, CA).

Interview

I ended up doing two interviews with the Disney store that were very interesting and fun. The managers that interviewed me were great at making me very comfortable and they told me everything I needed to know before I even got hired. There was a lot of situational questions and personal questions that you had to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, holiday associate

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Store (Farmington, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard from them within a week. I went in for an interview a week later. It was a group interview with 8 other people. Everyone introduced themselves and talked about past retail experience. We also had to do role playing and read from a children's book. It was fun and chill. I spoke up and asked questions trying to be memorable. I got an email the next day saying they want more qualified cast members. I was slightly thrown off because I have worked for the company before and other big theme parks.