Disney Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Pasadena, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Disney recruiter on December 13 and had an initial phone screening on December 16. I was told I would hear back soon. I never heard from the recruiter again. I found out that I was no longer being considered on 1/26 after logging on to their internal job site and checking my status.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Typical process. It was a contract position. The pay was pretty low for the position. Interviewed with two people; the IP manager and IP counsel. It didn't feel like a positive work atmosphere in my opinion. The office had a detached a sterile feel. This was my experience, and yours will probably vary.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Studios.

Interview

The interview process began with an initial phone screen with recruiter. I was then invited to an hour phone interview with hiring manager. This was followed by an invitation to in-person interviews with 8 people. While there the hiring manager decided to add in 2 additional folks so I ended up meeting 10 people in person that day. I spend the day going from office to office of each of my interviewers which was nice because I saw the office but was also negative because some of the offices were difficult to locate. At the end of the day the hiring manager told me he had two more people he really wanted me to interview with that hadn't been on my schedule. As a result the recruiter invited me to two additional follow-up phone interviews. In the end I was told by the recruiter she really should have limited the number of people I met with as too many people were involved in the decision making process.

Interview Questions

• - Disney is a very complex organization with many stakeholders. Tell me about your experience working in matrixed organizations.
      - Where do you see this industry going?
      - Given the macro-environment of our industry what do you think are opportunities for Disney in this space?
      - What issues do you see with this product?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Studios.

Interview

Good luck even getting an interview here, unless you're related to someone who works there, or you have a friend who can actually get you into Disney. In my experience, I was only sourced as an external candidate (who didn't have hookups) just to meet their quota.

You can be 120% and willing to take a pay cut... only to find out that the person that got the job over you, was an internal that had NO experience, and they got a great promotion.

This company is sick.

I know people who have worked their, only to come and go at LEAST 5 times, and Disney always takes them back because their dad or mom is a VP.

You can apply for jobs, and never hear anything.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first sent in my resume online on the ESPN intern site. After that, I waited a few days and got an email from one of the new recruiters at ESPN. Our conversation was comfortable since my interviewer was new to it. However, the interview started to get technical once he started reviewing my resume and asked about programming languages. After the interview, I waited a week and got an email back saying that they were going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• One question asked about the programming language JavaScript DOM since that's what you'll be working with in the internship.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was briefly interviewed and scheduled for an interview at the studio in person with two executives. I met separately with both executives and they were incredibly accommodating and insightful. I sent each a thank you note after the interview the next day. On the follow-up with HR two weeks out I was told that they had decided to move in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What was has been your hardest challenge ever and how did you go about it handling it?   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Glendale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone interview for about 20 mins followed by a face to face the very next day which was for two hours with three people one by one. The questions were related to QA and very generic.

Interview Questions

• Difficulty is subjective. There were a couple of questions related to writing Selenium code for filling and submitting a form which was pretty simple. Couple of java questions can take a QA by surprise. Reversing a string and adding strings to a list. These are very simple but in this google age everyone googles and gets the work done :) so sometimes you might miss out on very simple things.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Interview

It was very informative and positive. The recruiters were very helpful and to the point. Job description was clear and explained in detail what was expected.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Typical interview. No surprises.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Studios in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted application on the Disney website. Got a call at the end of April asking if I was still interested in the position.

I went through two phone interviews (spaced out over a week). I was mostly asked for stuff on my resume, and my skillsets (specific MS Excel functions, etc). No questions seemed to be behavioral questions. They just wanted to see how well my interpersonal skills and my enthusiasm aligned with the type of work. They seemed to be only hiring rising seniors in undergraduate or in graduate school.

Interview Questions

• None of it was difficult. They didn't really have a specific sets of questions. Very conversational interview.   Answer Question