Disqus Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disqus Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Disqus

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disqus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Spoke with several different people from the sales team, as well as HR to make sure that I was a good fit. Was invited to eat lunch with them on my first onsite so I got the chance to meet everyone. It made the interview time longer (3 phone screens and a 4 hour onsite), but it gave me the visibility into the company which I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions about being an Account Manager - how I would react / respond in certain situations. What has my previous experience been like? Why is it relevant?What are my passions / goals? What drives me? Why Disqus? What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Disqus

Account Manager Interview

Interview

This was the first company that didn't have any recruiter call to screen me. My first call was with the hiring manager, which was great and I was excited to come onsite. But the onsite interview was a big disappointment!
    The first interviewer was unprepared, he had no idea what to ask me and was literally writing his thoughts/questions as I was sitting across the table. It seemed like he was doing everything at Disqus yet nothing.
    The second interviewer was pleasant but given the nature of work done in that role, I was surprised when I didn't get an appropriate answer to my questions (they ought to have known the answer!).
    The only saving grace was the third interviewer, who was asking smart questions to understand how it would be like to work with me, situational questions etc. After all this is when I got to meet the recruiter (with one of the onsite interviews still to happen). That's where we spoke about salary expectations, culture etc. I quoted my expected range which is what the market is valuing me at. But it seemed like this was beyond what they could offer. So the next thing I know is that I am being asked to leave and that the last interviewer is suddenly not available!! I knew that there was a difference between my expectations and what they could offer but this unprofessionalism was not expected. While walking out, I could see the last interviewer was sitting at his desk (so much for being busy/not available).
    It was a bad experience! They could have asked me expectations at the very start (had there been a recruiter screening like all other companies do). I wasted half a day for this and the time lost to study for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your opinion about the listed skills (analytical, technical and product) that we require in this position?
      2. Tell me a situation where you had to work with the product team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disqus (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

A struggle with interviewing is that recruiters are not good with following up when promised. I didn't have that experience with Disqus, they were great about proactively keeping me in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Met with about five people from the NYC team. Questions were standard questions for the position as it relates to the industry.   Answer Question