Disqus Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Disqus

1 Interview Review

4.0

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disqus.

Interview

I was contacted internally, through a mutual acquaintance of mine and a member of the design team. He requested additional information on my background, which I provided, and shortly after I was reached out to by a requiter who wanted to schedule a time to set up an initial call. I felt that call went well, we talked process and technologies used.

I was reached out to again by the requiter to set up a longer Skype interview. They also asked that I prepare a presentation on a finished piece of work, as well as develop a flow for an improved or new feature for their product. Spec work. I completed the assignments, spending what I felt was a reasonable amount of time on each. During the Skype call, a room with the entirety of the small design team, I presented my work, and fielded questions. The follow up questions seemed to allude that I did not spend enough time on their spec work, and questioned my knowledge of the product itself. It was a very tense interview, and left me with a bad taste at the end. The next day I was notified that would not be moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• Throughout the interview, they seemed to be more interested in tricking and stumping me, then finding out who I am and how I think as a designer. It's no wonder that they keep their team very small.   Answer Question