Dixon Advisory Graduate: Financial Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dixon Advisory

1 Interview Review

4.0

Graduate: Financial Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (North Sydney (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

1. Online Application

Consider what role you're applying for and emphasise the skills you have which are congruent with that work role. Make sure you have a pretty good understanding on the team preferences you choose.

2. Psychometric Testing

If you pass the online applications, they email you a link to do psychometric testing - verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Testing is done by SHL.

3. Phone Conversation/Behavioural Test

If you pass the psych testing, you'll get a call from HR. They might ask you a few basic questions, such as "why do you want to work for Dixon?", but nothing too intense. They'll book you in for either a 1:1 or panel interview and get you to complete a behavioural online test. The behavioural test isn't assessed.

4. Interviews

You'll get an interview for each of your preferences. Interviews are scheduled to last an hour. Expect the standard behavioural questions which require the STAR approach. If you have mentioned technical ability/experience in your application, be prepared to answer some technical questions. They want to see how confident you are in expressing your technical knowledge. Also, make sure you research not only the company but also the industry you're applying for. For instance, I was asked about major reforms in legislation in providing financial advise.

5. Final Interview/Offer

After the first interview, they'll usually know who to offer positions too. However, if they're really torn between a select few applicants, they may call you in for a final, deciding interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to manage multiple priorities in a professional setting?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever encountered a problem with a team mate? How did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question
  • Can you tell us about what type of work you did during your internship?   Answer Question
  • What type of skills do you think we're looking for, in someone who works at Dixon?   Answer Question