Dixon Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dixon Advisory Interview Questions

Interviews at Dixon Advisory

3.1

Leasing Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory.

Interview

I applied online and I received a message from HR stating that they were interested in me for the role. I spoke to a member from HR briefly for ten minutes a few days and then we established a second longer interview. Between this interview I performed standardized testing that included a personality based section, a math section, a checking section, reading comprehension, and a section that had you look at patterns. These tests felt like a condensed GRE exam and was easily the most stressful part of the process. This HR interview was closer to a half hour and the individual was quite polite. The company had a really exciting energy and seemed eager to hear whatever answer I had. Following this step I moved onto a video interview with two members of the leasing team and a separate video interview with a supervisor. Every step was met by incredibly kind interviewers that seemed genuinely interested in you and your experiences.

Even though I did not get the position, the company followed up with a message stating why I was a good candidate and what prevented me from getting the position. All in all, the company was incredibly professional and compassionate in every step. What I understood the most from the company is that everyone who was apart of it felt the same joyous momentum. It was the best interview experience I've had.

Graduate Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (New York, NY).

Interview

Process moved quickly but was very time consuming. After an initial phone screen with HR, I spoke to the hiring manager. I was then asked to provide a writing sample and take 4 aptitude tests which took several hours. Finally after the in-person interview and being asked to take two tests again in-person, I was briefly told that I "wasn't a fit for the team." I was pretty taken aback by how much time I'd invested taking the aptitude tests on an entry-level job that I was more than qualified for (apparently, a common practice in Australia where the parent company is based) only to be rejected on something as superficial as personality fit. In-person interview should've occurred much earlier in the process if culture fit was that important to them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory.

Interview

Very nice, open ended, results of prior online testing used in part to help direct the interviewers' questions. Met with HR and members of counsel. Nice office, felt like a real estate start up.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical questions about job performance decisions.   Answer Question

Gradation Opportunity-Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

1)I Apply Dixon Adivisory on line ,
    2)HR will contact you by Email .
    3) phone interview Will be arranged in several days.
    4) The result of interview will be notified you in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.
      Why make you choose Dixon?
      Which aspect of Dixon Advisory is most interesting to you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
      what's the most difficult task you have ever meet in your job or your study?what's the result?   Answer Question

Acquisition Manager - Graduate Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (New York, NY).

Interview

received phone call for a 15 min interview, mostly pleasant experience. HR asked about my background and why I decided to switch job. Also asked about my presentation skills and how familiar I am with the New York market. She also emphasized that confidence is essential when presenting to the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade the seller to sell the property at the lowest cost you could afford?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory in July 2010.

Interview

The directors whom interviewed me are nice and friendly. However, they are essentially not from the department I was applying to and they could not answer my more specific questions. Dixon doesnt seem to take the interviews too seriously as one of my friend got his interview resheduled 3 times and in the end was interviewed by an analyst.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Two interviews of 45 minutes with 10 minutes in between. Very relaxed and more like a conversation with your interviewers. General questions about who you are and why you have applied. Then have more in depth questions about the financial markets and finish the interview off with behavioral questions. Make sure you do your research about the company as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the cash rate will increase in the next year?   Answer Question
    • What country apart from Australia would you invest in at the moment?   Answer Question
    • Name one stock that you would invest in at the moment?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 interviews, behavioural - 2 managing directors each, asked about the business, different funds, uni experiences, was interested in mentoring I'd done
    Internship was good but not v impactful, would have liked to do more modelling and analysis, but was v qualitative

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The interview process was prompt and professional. Initially a standard phone interview and psychometric tests were conducted. Then there was the first round interview, followed by the final round interview. The interviewers were really friendly and professional. The whole process took about 2 and a half weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The process was fairly simple. It consisted of an online application. Candidates were screened and then proceeded to psychometric testing which included both behavioural and IQ testing. The final round consisted of two interviews on the same day in their office.

Interview Questions

• Ensure you know the business area that you wish to apply for. Whilst it was a fairly conversational and relaxed environment, you should also have an understanding of the market, especially when applying to funds management.

It also consisted of standard behavioral questions such as explain a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question