Dixon Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dixon Advisory Interview Questions

Interviews at Dixon Advisory

3.1

Corporate Finance Interview

Interview

A brief phone interview before the online tests, only 2-3 simple questions, then they sent a link for online SHL tests, then heard back from them regarding the test results within couple of days

Interview Questions

• a easy conversation on the phone, unexpected didn't pass the numerical test   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2012.

Interview

Very quick to follow up and showed a keen interest. CEO was present in final round interview which was very unusual - but good to see he showed a keen interest in the team.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First and Second round interviews, including behavioural type questions and some technical questions. First round interviews are one on one while the second round interviews are split into two separate interviews with two employees in each interview. Took quite a while to get feedback back from HR had to constantly email and phone them to receive any answers or feedback.

Funds Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (North Sydney (Australia)) in February 2012.

Interview

The company was candid through the whole process. Gave good feedback from the process. HR was easy to talk too.

Graduate: Financial Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (North Sydney (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

1. Online Application

Consider what role you're applying for and emphasise the skills you have which are congruent with that work role. Make sure you have a pretty good understanding on the team preferences you choose.

2. Psychometric Testing

If you pass the online applications, they email you a link to do psychometric testing - verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Testing is done by SHL.

3. Phone Conversation/Behavioural Test

If you pass the psych testing, you'll get a call from HR. They might ask you a few basic questions, such as "why do you want to work for Dixon?", but nothing too intense. They'll book you in for either a 1:1 or panel interview and get you to complete a behavioural online test. The behavioural test isn't assessed.

4. Interviews

You'll get an interview for each of your preferences. Interviews are scheduled to last an hour. Expect the standard behavioural questions which require the STAR approach. If you have mentioned technical ability/experience in your application, be prepared to answer some technical questions. They want to see how confident you are in expressing your technical knowledge. Also, make sure you research not only the company but also the industry you're applying for. For instance, I was asked about major reforms in legislation in providing financial advise.

5. Final Interview/Offer

After the first interview, they'll usually know who to offer positions too. However, if they're really torn between a select few applicants, they may call you in for a final, deciding interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to manage multiple priorities in a professional setting?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered a problem with a team mate? How did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about what type of work you did during your internship?   Answer Question
    • What type of skills do you think we're looking for, in someone who works at Dixon?   Answer Question

Database Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory.

Interview

1. general questions: self-introduction, knowledge about Dixon advisory
    2. technical questions:
    I was asked to write several sql queries on paper. Then small questions were asked about database foundations and programming details. Finally I was asked about my idea of implementing some small programs, though I did not need to write the full code on paper.

Stockbroking/Private Wealth Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Canberra (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard online application with behavioural questions relating to the position, standard online testing.
    Then received an interview offer via a phone conversation.
    Very friendly employees took the interview, highly competitive with around 14-16 people being interviewed and only a few receiving offers.

Interview Questions

• Asked mostly behavioural questions, but also a large emphasis on industry analysis and current affairs eg. questions about the latest Federal budget, performance of the financial markets etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online providing cover letter and resume.
    Received Testing
    Received call to book interview
    2x Two on one interviews (approx 30-45mins each)

To excel, you need to know about the firm and what it represents. You must also be a well rounded candidate that understands more than just what you learn at University. Knowing current news and trends will help. Most of all, show your personality and your 'story', as they are also analysing cultural fit.

Graduate Portfolio Management Interview

Interview

Standard online testing process. Received call inviting me to a back-to-back interview of 40mins each (roughly). Friendly interview process which switches between informal and formal questioning. Be prepared to show what you know about the markets.

Strategic Wealth Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Advisory (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

- Online application
    - Psychometric tests
    - Phone call to organise interview & asked to do personality questionnaire before interview
    - 2x45min interviews (Strategic Wealth Advisory and Portfolio Mgmt & Stockbroking)

Interview was one of the best I've done, interviewers are interested in getting to know you and look through your application beforehand so they know what to ask about, very conversational interview. Some industry related questions but mostly behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with people who had differing opinions and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question