Dixon Hughes Goodman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.5

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Met at college campus. They took me out to dinner and then a social function before the interview on campus. Met with a senior tax associate and it was mostly a behavioral interview. Nothing too difficult

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman.

Interview

She just asked me what I did in my previous jobs really briefly and that's it. I had to keep the interview going by asking as many questions as I could. It still lasted under 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had Phone Interview, the phone interview lasts about 35 minutes. I was kind of in hurry so I did ask questions. I was rejected 10 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to the recruiter. Then I was phone interviewed. Recruiter was very nice and inviting. Asked me why I'm interested in Tax and if I seek feedback. Also, how many returns I prepared and the ratio of the different tax forms.

Interview Questions

• What M-1 adjustments did you make on corporate tax return?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of complex tax scenarios you prepared?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of experiences with ethical issues confronted when preparing tax returns?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of tax planning opportunities you did for your client?   Answer Question
    • If you went over budgeted hours when preparing tax return how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever do a presentation with tax updates for your team?   Answer Question
    • Did you deal with employee stock options on the corporate tax return?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with ASC 740/FAS 109, accounting for income tax?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a good experience during the interview. First, it was a phone interview then it was an interview with two managers, and the managers were very nice.

Leadership Summit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The interview process was very nice. It was conversation style and overall i felt very comfortable although i was uncomfortable in the beginning. The questions were pretty standard not too difficult

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview on campus for 30 minutes. The first half concerned my resume and the second focused on their firm. Overall, I got the sense that they were there to see if I could hold a conversation and be a pleasant coworker. I have good grades so the conversation centered on my extra-cirricular activities and interests.

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online in over winter break and heard back for an interview the first week of school. I went in and the recruiter was outside waiting for me. It was pretty much a pre-interview. Then I interviewed with the partner. He asked me two questions. Very laid back. The interview was followed by a social which was also fun, they pretty much just want to see that you can talk to people and stand out.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman in February 2017.

Interview

1-on-1 in-person interview occurred on-campus after applying online. Email communication was used to inform me of the interview time/date and the ultimate decision on an offer. One employee greeted me and took me to another employee to be interviewed.

Seasonal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman (Norfolk, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I did the application online in December 2016 and heard back the first week of January. My first interview was over the phone with an HR recruiter who had received my application and lasted an hour. The phone interview was on Monday, by Thursday I had an email confirmation for my "in person" interview the next day (Friday). The in person interview was with 3 different Exec. assistants and the interview ended with a Microsoft test. Today (Tuesday) I received a phone call from my HR recruiter to follow up with how my interview went and was offered the job! ** ( My time frame might differ from their normal. I applied at the end of the year, around the holidays, and during several bad storms.)***