Dixons Carphone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2018

2.6

Sort:

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was simply called while I was abroad.
    Skype call didn't succeed as interviewer didn't manage to use Skype.
    I was then called via normal telephone.

Interviewer seemed brisk and superficial, a bit rude — I was second choice after candidate initially chosen failed on the job. I performed well so this makes me think interviewer wasn't very good at choosing the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference from display:inline and display:block?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Derby, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

The manager was relaxed and allowed me to feel comfortable, it definitely helped reduce nervousness. It was set in the managers office, I was only asked a few questions. He was polite and talked about the different roles in the company before asking which one I would want to work in.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a small maths quiz with 5 questions on, mainly about percentages and sales. They weren't complicated. For example, the camera says it's £89.99, however there is currently 5% off, what is the new price?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Doncaster, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very generic, nothing too special. Some practical aspect but it's easy. Lasted about an hour or so. Found out a couple of days after if I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Standard sort of interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't go to the interview working for this company would be a mistake

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional, straight to the point, relevant questions and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I was invited to the interview after applying internally. The interview was conducted by the department manager and a member of the HR team. I got an offer few days after.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would manage multitasking in a corporate environment where multiple critical IT issues would occur at the same time.   Answer Question

Business Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It took over 4 weeks for the HR to get back and once they got back I had to wait few more weeks for pay discussion. Overall the process was very slow and tedious. It could have been better

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you
      What are your future aspirations
      What skills do you have   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Acton, London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

General discussion of the role and my background followed by several competency based questions. Atmosphere was quite relaxed and overall not too difficult. As this is a technology company, being enthusiastic about technology is beneficial.

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

My face to face interview was good, the Senior Designer was smart and professional. I've been qualified to the next step which was a design task where I spent two entire days of my life.
    I received an answer after a few weeks saying that the interview was good but they decided not to proceed with me. I asked to specify...
    They never went back to me: I believe it is unfair that a candidate spends so much time for them while they cannot spend one minute of their time for improving the candidate life.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Brno (Czech Republic)) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy, if you speak Swedish it is enough for them to offer you a job there. You do not have to be smart, but if you know Swedish they will hire you.

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Acton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (East Acton, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Stage (1) - brief phone interview with a Resourcing Business Partner.
    Stage (2) - numerical and verbal test
    Stage (3) - interview
    The interview based on behavioral questionnaire, but quite fast my interviewer skipped some questions and ask me about my previous experience which was more interesting for him. He told me a lot about how the work for Dixons looks like. They told me they give me a feedback until the end of the week. They did not. I sent an email to the Resourcing Business Partner who arranged my interview and kindly ask about any feedback which can help me with future interviews and she told me they need a little more time and she will call me back in a week with the result. She has never done it. I have really negative feelings about the company and its recruitment process. I checked glassdoor and it looks like I am not the only person who was treated in this way.

Interview Questions

• (1) Previous job experience
      (2) What do you know about tech market and what is your main source of knowledge
      (3) Why do you want to work for us
      (4) Tell me about time when you had conflict with someone from your team
      (5) Are you good at excel. Did you do a lot of analysis at your previous work   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Acton, London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through the dixon's carphone site. I was invited to take a numerical and verbal reasoning test which i passed. I was invited for an interview at the HQ down in Acton, London. My interview was really good, the members of staff i met were very welcoming. I was called back by the Talent spotter from Dixons Carphone, she gave me really good feedback. However, she said i would have to attend another interview as the line manager was not in on the day i had my interview ( a bit weird). This was annoying because the application process i read up on stated there will be only one interview.

I went for my second interview a week later, honestly it was dreadful. The line manager was very hostile and seemed racist from his body language. He was not going to shake my hand if i didn't pull out my hand, he stared at me for a long time to see if i would crack after the interview. I was interrogated instead of being interviewed. It was just awful, after that experience i knew i was not going to be given the job. It took 2 weeks for me o find out whether i was going to be offered the job or not. The Talent spotter lady was unprofessional giving me the news she called me and said "oh yeah quick one for yourself; we won't be progressing your application further as someone internally will make a better fit". Prior to this i was told i was the only one who had passed all stages.

Interview Questions

• What would make you good for the role?
      how would you interact with your customers?
      How will you negotiate for a better leverage?   Answer Question