Dixons Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dixons Retail Interview Questions

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Well, I sat down with the Current manager of the store and then all of a sudden, he got a call from one of the sales team, telling him that there had been a shoplifter. He decided to grab me and asked me to help catch him!

Interview Questions

• Are you feeling fit today?!   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Athens (Greece)) in April 2010.

Interview

You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2008.

Interview

Initially applied online, was shortlisted and got a call from HR to fix interview dates. Interview was with the hiring manager and another manager who only observed and hardly asked any questions. it was a long interview, about 1.5-2 hours. But with very typical interview type questions, what motivates you, describe a situation where you led a team out of a problem. There were about 30 questions.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to an assessment center. Quite simple group exercises with presentations on how to sell a product, and to choreograph a dance routine. Also got asked to go onto the shop floor and pick a product and then pretend that the store manager was a customer and sell the product to him.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you showed initiative.   1 Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Carlisle, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to face relaxed interview with Store Manager & Regional Manager. Lasted about an hour and seemed quite informal rather than a strict question and answer drill. It helps if you know the manager and you do a bit of homework before hand

Product Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two experiences with this company a short time apart. One was woeful and uninspiring, the other relaxed and very positive. Both were 2:1 and included some strangely worded company-generic questions as well as the usual ones.

Sales Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Current hiring process will involve some general questions + 5 minute "impress me" presentation and sales role play. They will expect you to sell PC or Tablet or TV. show you can listen to customer and immediately pick relevant add-ons accordingly (important). You will know what they are if you ever shopped there yourself (or just come in advance and pretend to be looking to buy - take a note of what sales person offering you).

Interview Questions

• All typical describe the situation type questions..   1 Answer

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Initial call from HR, Online maths and verbal reasoning test at home, 2 face to face interviews