Dixons Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dixons Retail Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Bath, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a christmas temp job at PC world. The online process requires you to fill out a common sense customer service quiz, shortly after i filled it out I received a phone call a few days later. It was a telephone interview but it was very laid back. I went for my interview the following day which gave me little time to prepare. The manager at the time was very friendly and enthusiastic about my experience with technology he said he was after someone with a bit more technical knowledge to replace a former employee. I was told on the day that I had the job and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you demonstrated good customer service?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Well, I sat down with the Current manager of the store and then all of a sudden, he got a call from one of the sales team, telling him that there had been a shoplifter. He decided to grab me and asked me to help catch him!

Interview Questions

• Are you feeling fit today?!   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to an assessment center. Quite simple group exercises with presentations on how to sell a product, and to choreograph a dance routine. Also got asked to go onto the shop floor and pick a product and then pretend that the store manager was a customer and sell the product to him.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you showed initiative.   1 Answer

Content Publisher In English Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Brno (Czech Republic)) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call after business hours from a Dixons Retail recruiter inquiring if I was “still interested in the position.” (I applied for this position 2 days previously!) After establishing that yes, I was still interested, the THIRD question the recruiter asked was my salary expectation. I thought that that question was inappropriate so early in the interview process and refused to answer. The recruiter then said, “We have nothing further to discuss.” The interview then terminated by mutual consent.

Interview Questions

• No real questions.The recruiter was only interested in how much money I wanted.   Answer Question

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Carlisle, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to face relaxed interview with Store Manager & Regional Manager. Lasted about an hour and seemed quite informal rather than a strict question and answer drill. It helps if you know the manager and you do a bit of homework before hand

Store Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Formal but relaxed one-to-one. Clarity on the job role explained and you're asked what you're looking to achieve. Given an explanation of the career ladder if you ask. Training schemes are in places for free to all employees to aid in boosting their wage. I was able to state that the job was not my intended future 5 years down the line and they accepted that and still offered me a position.

Product Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two experiences with this company a short time apart. One was woeful and uninspiring, the other relaxed and very positive. Both were 2:1 and included some strangely worded company-generic questions as well as the usual ones.

Sales Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Current hiring process will involve some general questions + 5 minute "impress me" presentation and sales role play. They will expect you to sell PC or Tablet or TV. show you can listen to customer and immediately pick relevant add-ons accordingly (important). You will know what they are if you ever shopped there yourself (or just come in advance and pretend to be looking to buy - take a note of what sales person offering you).

Interview Questions

• All typical describe the situation type questions..   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Athens (Greece)) in April 2010.

Interview

You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

2 stage interview been with company 2 times now very good for if i ever need a job in future if i decide to move again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

how many hours i wanted to work and what days if any did i needed set days off a week plain and simple