DoSomething.org Special Projects (to Chief Executive Officer + Chief Operating Officer) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoSomething.org (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

SUPER AWKWARD SITUATION. (2 week total time invested)

Needed to send email with: Job title interested in (they had several) detailed cover letter, resume, and a writing sample which consisted of three suggested article topics for the Harvard Business review. Sent all items requested including well thought out articles for Harvard Business Review.

Received email from the staff member I sent application to about 4 days later. Interview scheduled for following week. I would be meeting with 3-4 staff members.

I sent email early in the day confirming interview. Three hours later (2 hours before interview), I received an email from the original contact person email, even though it was senior team member writing it stating "So- and-so is no longer with our organization so please contact me at my email address to reschedule. Oh, and let me know what this meeting was regarding. "

I replied to new email address with "I was scheduled for an interview and it was for (..job title..). I would be glad to forward the email chain between me and "so-and-so" which included my cover letter. Please let me know when we can reschedule. Thanks so much for getting back to me about my interview today. Looking forward to hearing from you."

No reply email, no phone call, no interview rescheduled.

No idea what happened to the 3-4 people I was supposed to meet with in my "group interview".

This experience reiterated why I ALWAYS confirm my interview appointments the day they are scheduled regardless of who the employer is.

Interview Questions