Find jobs for Developer Evangelist

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

DocuSign Developer Evangelist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 780 interviews

Interviews at DocuSign

Neutral100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

Sat, Jan 27 - Applied online Tue, Jan 30 - Recruiter reaches out and an initial phone call is set up Thurs, Feb 1 - Initial call with recruiter - get positive impression of team/company Wed, Feb 7 - Call with the director of dev rel team. Lets me know there should be some time towards the end of the month to perform on-site interview since he will be traveling. Mon, Feb 12 - Recruiter reaches back out and lets me know that in fact there's availability that week and asks for my availability for onsite interview. I'm really busy with work and was also attending a conference that week but I'm also really interested in the role so I let the recruiter know Feb 16 (that Friday) should work and that I'll just take PTO. Recruiter mentions me and one other candidate are interviewing. Wed, Feb 14 - The on-site interview is formally scheduled and presentation topic is given. I start preparing. The assumption going in is that there will be a large group of people with a wide variety of backgrounds listening to my presentation so I have to be able to break down the topic pretty well. Thurs, Feb 15 - I spend a lot more time preparing for the interviews and presentation. I decided to create a small demo app to showcase the use of PowerForms which was covered in DocuSign's technical video series just that week - just to try and impress the team. Friday, Feb 16 - Onsite interview. Thought it went really well for the behavioral, technical and PM type interviews. Ended up talking to engineering managers, director of dev rel, a PM and VP of dev rel. Everyone was super nice! Presentation at the end could have gone better but I was unable to access my presenter notes in Keynote since they had to use Webex to record my screen. I also tried to make sure to show off the demo app I finished creating the day before to my interviewers. Most of the audience for presentation is remote and listening via Webex with only two interviewers in-person for the audience. Left interview feeling happy that everything seemed to go well. Wednesday, Feb 21 - Haven't heard anything yet so I reach out to recruiter and director and they let me know I should hear something by the end of the week (the 23rd) Friday, Feb 23 - Still haven't heard back yet but I decided to wait instead. Sat, Feb 24 - I notice the job posting has been taken down so I assume they've either decided to offer me the position or have already offered the other candidate the position. Sun, Feb 25 - I notice on LinkedIn that someone updated their position and has started the role already. I assume correctly that it's the other candidate and feel pretty bad that I had to learn about my outcome this way. Even so, I decided to hold out hope that there would be positive news still. Mon, Feb 26 - I reach back out again to ask for an update and recruiter lets me know there hasn't been a chance to deliberate yet because of some unexpected events but that there will be a deliberation tomorrow morning and that he will reach out to me right after. I feel this was a white lie since they obviously extended the offer to the other candidate who was already able to update his LinkedIn position. Tues, Feb 27 - I notice recruiter still hasn't reached out yet so I email him asking for an update around 2:30 pm. Recruiter calls me after 3 pm and lets me know I didn't get the job. Lets me know it was a tough decision and that if they could, they would hire both candidates. I ask for feedback but recruiter admits there's not really any negative feedback to give since I apparently did well in my interviews/presentation. It is mentioned however that the other candidate is able to ramp up faster (?). ... Basically, I worked really hard to try and impress the dev-rel team but none of that enthusiasm on my part seemed to really come through since, in the end, they ended up offering the position to someone who I felt was a less experienced candidate. They also ghosted me which wasn't really great either because I thought I did well and I wanted the job. Overall, I would have appreciated more constructive feedback (at least something solid) and honesty from the team regarding my qualifications and fit for the role. Regardless, the recruiter and team were very courteous throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • A 20-minute presentation on a very technical topic decided by director with Q&A allocated
    Answer Question
  • Estimation question you would find in a book like "Cracking the PM Interview"
  • Coding interview problem that required pseudocode and Big-O notation