DocuSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was very prompt in sending a questionnaire upon receipt of my resume, and scheduling a phone interview for 9:30 the next morning. This was appreciated, however they didn't call at the scheduled time (due to a meeting) and I needed to reach out via email to get started. Then they had to run for another meeting but said they'd call back in 15 minutes to finish up – in fact they called back 1 hour later. So the initial screen call took about 2 hours.

The hiring manager call went well and they were very complimentary, but as I was the first interview they were committed to having a process and seeing a certain number of candidates.

After about two weeks I reached out to the recruiter for an update, and after 6 days their reply was that they'd moved on with other candidates. Then, 8 days after that, the same recruiter emailed to invite me for an onsite interview. Surprise!

There were some delays in scheduling, and then things commenced with a web interview overseas. As a cautionary note, the recruiting coordinator’s email had a link for the web interview which asked me for a password and username. I hadn’t received this information. After a while searching I had the good luck of clicking in the email again and getting through (you couldn’t tell there were actually two links, and the second didn’t require sign-on – neither link indicated what was going on).

The on-site interviews were oddly scheduled – they’d made the flight arrangements earlier than my availability window and I’d be in the city around 9am, but things wouldn’t begin until almost 12pm. What was described as an “Excel test” turned out to be only partly about Excel and actually more related to my functional specialty. It was so poorly written, I’m not sure if they took more than 20 minutes throwing it together. I had a couple of questions, but there wasn’t anyone around to answer them – basically the recruiting coordinator had shown me to the room and said a woman would drop off a computer, then a man showed up and said a different man would drop off a computer. Once it was dropped off – on my own to sink or swim. Just an odd process and really made things uncomfortable.

The hiring manager was first to interview, but this conversation was awkward because of the time elapsed since our initial call. I wasn’t sure whether I should just repeat what I’d already covered, since it had been a few weeks and they had forgotten about me already. Also, this person made some unfounded comments like “I just think you’ll leave” and threw in some subtle ageism “with all these different jobs you’ve had” (aside: three employers in the last 10 years).

Based on the travel schedule it was only about 5 hours of sleep, and at this point I’m sitting for 3 hours of afternoon interviews – knowing I’m not going to get an offer. The middle interviews were friendly although I was way more anxious than usual, bouncing around and gradually losing my voice. The last interviewer arrived with a computer and basically lead with “do you have any questions for me while I set this up?” which was pretty harsh considering I was on my 7th interview with DocuSign for this role. They proceeded to offer me the 7th and final opportunity to answer “tell me about yourself” which is easily my least favorite topic.

Had to take a middle seat on the flight back, and wasn’t surprised when takeoff was delayed 45 minutes on the tarmac. Back in the middle of the night and straight to bed!

Overall – it just seemed like nobody lead the process and it was a mess. Spending time and money on candidates isn’t going to pay off if you don’t care about them. How are you treating people? And how does that affect what you get from them? I feel bad because I could/should have performed better but it was a rough process, the environment seemed somewhat clinical and potentially political. For some reason, I've had bank interviews that were way more welcoming.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Straightforward sales interview. Asked about your personality and experience just generally on resume and talked about the role and what day to day life was like. Had a mock call of selling DocuSign to a prospect

Interview Questions

• Name a time you sold someone something in any context?   1 Answer

Nov 14, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you and welcome aboard!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

Applied online through job board, recruiter was very flaky and hard to get a hold of. There was an HR phone screen, manager phone screen, on-site (4 interviews), no response for a while and then finally got offer after calling them.

Nov 14, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you and welcome aboard.

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a prompt response from the recruiter within a few days. Spoke over the phone for about 20 minutes. Very basic screening questions. Thought we hit it off well, but just wasn't a good fit with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First step was a phone screen by recruiter. Second step was phone screen with hiring manager. Third step was in person screen with Solution Engineer. Fourth step was a proof of concept demo with panel.

Interview Questions

• I need you to prepare a proof of concept with these requirements. Be ready to present your solution in one week   1 Answer

Aug 31, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Best of luck!

Adoption Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter through current employee and went through the referral process. This is definitely the way to go - employees get $ for referrals too. I heard from a recruiter after a few days, she was very personable and informative while getting more info about my background and experience. The second part of the process was an on-demand style initial interview using the HireVue app. You set up a camera to record answers to questions that you are given 30 seconds to think about, then 3 minutes to answer. You can re-record once (2 total tries per question). I think I'm really tech savvy, but even after practicing with the app, I managed to submit one a response that I intended to record over. Once you submit, there is absolutely no going back! I didn't hear anything about my application for 5 weeks (I did email with the recruiter a few times, she just didn't have any updates to provide). After 5+ weeks I got a nice call from the recruiter asking if I was still interested, but I had already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a training that you led, if it was successful, how did you measure that success, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Aug 25, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for the feedback about HireVue. Good luck in your new job.

Senior Analyst, Web Interview

Interview

The recruiter on the first phone screen was all over me, giving me all the hopes about what kind of a package they would put together and how fit I was for the role. Frankly, without going through any technical screen or call with Hiring Mgr, one can never decide if the candidate is a right fit. But it seemed they had extended the offer to another candidate they were waiting on but YET kept my next round of interview with the hiring manager in 4days. In the meantime she sent me 2 online interviews - one was a video call which took 45mins and another was a written online test - 50mins. I took these two interviews the day before my phone interview and prepared a lot for my next interview with the Hiring manager. I get a voicemail from the HR saying that they are cancelling my interview and are moving forward with another candidate.
    It seemed so unprofessional that too for a company like DocuSign to have such a sloppy hiring process. If you have a candidate in mind and have extended an offer - don't build hopes within some new candidate - or even worse - just randomly cancel the phone interview when you have made her prepare and take 2 other online interviews where she spent her considerable time and efforts. Atleast respect her candidacy and show some professionalism. Would be more than happy to NEVER work in such an unprofessional work culture.

Interview Questions

• Very Basic Excel, SQL -online; Video interview which seemed very mundane   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

We aim to provide a superior candidate experience and are disheartened to read this review. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to Michael Erisman, VP of HR at Michael.Erisman@docusign.com... More

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a recruiter screening, just a 15 min phone call to make sure I am a real human.
    Phone call with the hiring manager(30 min). This was very laid back, he was just trying to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the team.
    In person interview loop. 3 people and 1 aptitude test. This was a bit of a marathon. It feels like you're there forever but it was just under 2 hours. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed talking to them. I felt like they were all engaged and really interested in talking with me.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to covert a customer who did not think they would be able to use a product they didn't know?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick, but ended oddly. I had a phone screen with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager asked me about several technical concepts to feel out my competency. The following week I reached out to the recruiter to ask for feedback, and the feedback was that I was overqualified and this position would not be senior enough for me so they were not going forward with my recruitment. I found this odd because the title was Senior Business Analyst.

Proposal Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview for the next day.

The next day the recruiter emailed to say they extended an offer to another candidate. I don't know why they would contact me for an interview if they were already so far along with another candidate. It's pretty embarrassing when one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at a company.

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

Aug 25, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for the feedback. We aim to provide a good experience to every candidate that interviews with us. We'd like to hear more.