DocuSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and I enjoyed meeting the marketing team. However, the recruiter was terrible at giving updates and responding to emails. I never knew where I stood during each step of the interview process because after every round she would ghost me for weeks to months. She called me twice when she reappeared and said she'll send me materials to prepare for the interviews or promise to give me an update by a certain date, but she would never follow through. It was incredibly frustrating working with her.

Interview Questions

• Why Docusign, specific experiences relevant for the role, marketing case questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

I spoke to an HR person and then someone on the marketing team for a phone interview. I was told that I'd hear back soon, but didn't, so I followed up after the holidays. I was told again that I'd hear back, but still haven't heard anything.

Industry Product Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I admire Docusign as I know a lot about their products but have to say the interview process didn’t create a positive experience and could have been improved greatly. You truly don’t know what a poor interviewing process is until you have one and that happen here. If anything this feedback is to help them improve because i think they’re a great company but I feel they have some big improvements needed on this forefront experience to capture good talent that are interviewing at other software companies; where those companies process are like a well oiled machine and also all about creating positive experience whether a candidate gets a job there or not. In the end it does matter to a candidate when comparing to your competitors. People want to know you have your stuff together (for the most part).

They were sort of all over the place from initial PS to the in-person and felt like they needed either a bigger recruiting team or a better automated communications process to help them keep individuals engaged; because their process took the longest of all the places i interviewed at almost 3 months!! Take into mind i felt the recruiter was a very great person but in the end i had another opportunity i accepted and wouldn’t had even accepted a position had it been offered mainly due to lack of communications and role wasn’t the challenge I was hoping for.

The interview questions were lacking- i was so prepared and wanted the interview process to be a challenge and ask good behavioral questions but felt like it was an unprepared dialogue with the folks i met with. They did a good job at never leaving the candidate in the room by themselves but the interviewees were unprepared and asked some of the same questions which were disappointing too. One guy a couple times mentioned how busy he was and kept checking his laptop email. Very distracted and he might of well just not have come in my opinion. Very nice folks don’t get me wrong but preparation goes a long way and could tell folks interviewing hadn’t done it much and it turned into more of interviewing them to fill a void in time and conversation.
    I left knowing I was overqualified once I was actually interviewing in person but want to see them become better because I really like what they’re doing but they have a long way to go though on the forefront of Recruiting.

In the end it took almost 3 months from initial PS to hear about the final interview results (take into mind they kept stringing me along saying no updates for a 1.5 months after the IP interview which is so weird). I had accepted a diff position long before then but was told it was offered to someone internally (which does show they hire from within which i see as a good thing atleast for a company).

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews with internal recruiter, hiring manager as well a current Account Executive and Sales Engineer and received positive feedback after each one. I then was asked to take a test and provide references which all came back as extremely positive. Last step was an onsite interview which went well(at least I thought). It's now been 2 weeks since the onsite interview and I have gotten no response from the company. Nothing! Not even a courtesy "Thank your for your time, but we have decided to go in a different direction." Very strange and very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• What was one of your more complex deal cycles and what was your process for managing?   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, then got call from the recruiter. Had a chat with him, then had a phone screening with some coding questions. In a few days, I had an onsite interview with five, six people, including managers from different groups, and engineers in the hiring team.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter that I knew, then onto the hiring VP, then met the hiring VP face to face, and the SVP of Sales face to face. Got the offer from the SVP.

Interview Questions

• There is a complexity in enterprise sales that hasn't been figured out here. We are trying to understand the pattern recognition. How could you help us?   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and an interview was scheduled. The interviewer looked like a junior developer. He asked me to write a program to find nth number in Fibonacci series. I was able to write the code in 2-3 minutes. And the interviewer was ok with it. He then asked another memory leak question. i took some time, but i was able to answer the question.
    The feedback i got was that my coding was not optimal. I was shocked as the interviewer never asked me to optimize and i checked later online for optimal solutions and didn't find any better solution. I figured out that the interviewer might have run the code after the interview was over. Please appoint a knowledgeable person for conducting interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was very prompt in sending a questionnaire upon receipt of my resume, and scheduling a phone interview for 9:30 the next morning. This was appreciated, however they didn't call at the scheduled time (due to a meeting) and I needed to reach out via email to get started. Then they had to run for another meeting but said they'd call back in 15 minutes to finish up – in fact they called back 1 hour later. So the initial screen call took about 2 hours.

The hiring manager call went well and they were very complimentary, but as I was the first interview they were committed to having a process and seeing a certain number of candidates.

After about two weeks I reached out to the recruiter for an update, and after 6 days their reply was that they'd moved on with other candidates. Then, 8 days after that, the same recruiter emailed to invite me for an onsite interview. Surprise!

There were some delays in scheduling, and then things commenced with a web interview overseas. As a cautionary note, the recruiting coordinator’s email had a link for the web interview which asked me for a password and username. I hadn’t received this information. After a while searching I had the good luck of clicking in the email again and getting through (you couldn’t tell there were actually two links, and the second didn’t require sign-on – neither link indicated what was going on).

The on-site interviews were oddly scheduled – they’d made the flight arrangements earlier than my availability window and I’d be in the city around 9am, but things wouldn’t begin until almost 12pm. What was described as an “Excel test” turned out to be only partly about Excel and actually more related to my functional specialty. It was so poorly written, I’m not sure if they took more than 20 minutes throwing it together. I had a couple of questions, but there wasn’t anyone around to answer them – basically the recruiting coordinator had shown me to the room and said a woman would drop off a computer, then a man showed up and said a different man would drop off a computer. Once it was dropped off – on my own to sink or swim. Just an odd process and really made things uncomfortable.

The hiring manager was first to interview, but this conversation was awkward because of the time elapsed since our initial call. I wasn’t sure whether I should just repeat what I’d already covered, since it had been a few weeks and they had forgotten about me already. Also, this person made some unfounded comments like “I just think you’ll leave” and threw in some subtle ageism “with all these different jobs you’ve had” (aside: three employers in the last 10 years).

Based on the travel schedule it was only about 5 hours of sleep, and at this point I’m sitting for 3 hours of afternoon interviews – knowing I’m not going to get an offer. The middle interviews were friendly although I was way more anxious than usual, bouncing around and gradually losing my voice. The last interviewer arrived with a computer and basically lead with “do you have any questions for me while I set this up?” which was pretty harsh considering I was on my 7th interview with DocuSign for this role. They proceeded to offer me the 7th and final opportunity to answer “tell me about yourself” which is easily my least favorite topic.

Had to take a middle seat on the flight back, and wasn’t surprised when takeoff was delayed 45 minutes on the tarmac. Back in the middle of the night and straight to bed!

Overall – it just seemed like nobody lead the process and it was a mess. Spending time and money on candidates isn’t going to pay off if you don’t care about them. How are you treating people? And how does that affect what you get from them? I feel bad because I could/should have performed better but it was a rough process, the environment seemed somewhat clinical and potentially political. For some reason, I've had bank interviews that were way more welcoming.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DocuSign in November 2017.

Interview

First call was with one of their internal recruiters and then the 2nd interview was with the hiring manager. The third interview was with the division Director and the fourth and final interview was a demo of integrating DocuSign and SalesForce. All along they had been good about with communication until the end. The last interview was later in December and they said they would get back to me at the beginning of the year, but I never heard back even after reaching out to them twice asking for updates.

Interview Questions

• They gave a basic list of requirements and then you had to perform a demo for the panel.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DocuSign in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter asking me to complete a coding assignment. Pretty standard. I was really interested in the position and company so I put a lot of effort into the request(which was not light, I was asked to build/implement an app). The recruiter had been very responsive up to this point, but after I submitted the work they COMPLETELY ghosted. No emails, no responses to followups. With the amount of time I'd invested I would have at least expected some feedback or even an email indicating they'd decided to go another direction. I've never run into this with another company in the industry- EXTREMELY unprofessional behavior on the part of Docusign which seems to be mirrored in a lot of the experiences here. Do yourself a favor and don't commit to anything before you have multiple contacts and some sort of commitment.