DocuSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DocuSign

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

Phone interview, technical test, face to face interview. Finally I had to present to the whole team. And that was it. It was overall a quite quick, and positive experience. The recruiter was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Create a mock presentation of a technical sales pitch   2 Answers

Sep 29, 2019 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your review. Welcome aboard!

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was two phone interviews. One with the University Recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. Both calls roughly 30 minutes. Both calls were pleasant and professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you find motivation and are you a competitive person?   Answer Question

Senior Workforce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview went well. It's the follow-up that's the REAL negative. I never heard anything back from the recruiter. I sent an email asking for information and that was ignored as well. Please treat your potential employees better than this. We all understand we may not get hired but letting a candidate know they weren't chosen is the least you could do.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a Recruiter the same day to set up a phone screen for the very next day. During the call, the Recruiter asked me to come onsite the following morning at 8:00am to interview with the team. I really appreciated how quick the process was. The team was fairly new and each member was pleasant to speak with. What bothered me most was that the Recruiter had asked me to come in pretty early in the morning, just a day after our phone screen, which I was completely fine with but no one ever contacted me after the interview to let me know of their decision. I felt like, at the least, I should have had a follow-up e-mail or phone call after taking the time to come into the office to let me know of their decision. It was a negative factor that impacted an otherwise decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your day-to-day responsibilities at your current role.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

My experience working with the Recruiter at DocuSign was what really ruined the process for me. As an employee referral, I'd expect at the minimum timely updates. I did not receive any timely updates - had to follow up multiple times on scheduling (1 week to schedule Recruiter screen, and literally another 1.5 week to schedule a Hiring Manager screen), and in the end received an automated rejection message from a no-reply@docusign after what I thought was a great conversation with the Hiring Manager. I had followed up with the Recruiter 2 days prior to the auto rejection email, btw. Please train your Recruiting team on having more empathy with candidates.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DocuSign (Chicago, IL) in May 2020.

Interview

I understand that during this crisis that there are many more applicants, but my experience was unprofessional. Applied through a referral, and received an email from a recruiter about a week later about setting up a phone screen. Replied that same day and no response for 2 weeks, so I sent a follow up; nothing. Another 18 days go by and I decide to send a THIRD response. Finally the recruiter calls me, I call back a few minutes later and she's not prepared at all, in the backyard distracted by with her daughter, told me wasn't in front of computer, and didn't have the correct name of the person who referred me and asked what my last name was. Could not believe this is how you would treat a candidate that was referred to work for your company by an employee.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

It was a very strange process, partly due to some slowness to respond on my part but mostly because DocuSign didn't seem to know exactly what they were interviewing me for. It started with me applying in early January. Eventually, a recruiter reached out to schedule a time to talk (about a month after initial application). The recruiter didn't seem super clear on the job requirements as the one posted didn't match what she had in front of her. So she had me talk to the hiring manager. Conversation was pleasant enough however the original job requirement was a deal breaker for both sides - I didn't have the experience with a particular skill and they really wanted it so we parted ways.

Much to my surprise, about another month later a different recruiter reached out and stated that the hiring manager wanted me to do a technical interview with one of their consultants. I asked to clarify which role (hate to be rejected twice for the same job and waste everyone's time) and after some confusion on the recruiters side, she finally clarified that this was for a different job than the original one. Ok, great! I had a not-so-technical discussion with a consultant that went very well, however her product line was focused on .NET whereas I'm a Java guy. I can adapt if necessary but maybe it's not the best fit...? Then I had another technical interview - this one was actually technical but focused almost exclusively on architecture type questions like "if you had to design an application based on storing and accessing this xml file, how would you do it?" I felt the interview went very well, however we never really talked about anything Java related, but I figured that for a true consulting position, it's probably not the primary goal for the position - architecture seemed to be the focus which was fine by me.

A few days later, a third recruiter reached out to state they were not interested in moving forward because my Java skills weren't strong enough (per the interviewer). The strange part is we never really discussed Java development (of which I have over 20 years experience with). It's not a huge deal to me as it's a strange time (Covid-19) to be changing jobs, but since the process actually started in January (and just ended today, end of April) I figured I'd see it through. But clearly there is some disorganization about which role I was interviewing for (both technical interviewers weren't clear about which role I was going for) or what skills are necessary. I've heard wonderful things online about DocuSign, but I just wanted to be completely transparent so folks can know what to possibly expect during their process.

Interview Questions

• Showed me an XML file and asked me to design an application around storing and retrieving it.   1 Answer

Instructional Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter first. Second was a call with the hiring manager (recruiter scheduled and forgot to confirm with me so manager called me out of the blue). Next was a round of 1:1 with three teammates, followed by a mock project/ work sample. After final project, recruiter didn't get back to me with a timeline on when they would make a decision so I took a different offer.

Interview Questions

• I was given a week to create something for the sample work/project.   1 Answer

Senior Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied to this position online and received a call from recruiter, recruiter was so friendly and gave very good information regarding the team and position, and Later scheduled the first round of interview. It went really well and with in 30 min after the interview I got email from recruiter saying interviewer is so interested to move forward for the final interview.

Final interview got scheduled after 5 days and it has 4 rounds and first 3 rounds were so good and interviewers were really nice and helpful throughout the process and then comes the final round for that day which was a horrible experience to me through out my career, final round was with hiring manager who was so rude to me throughout the interview. He asked me one coding question and I solved it so quick and then he asked me another coding question where I got stuck and couldn't come up with logic quickly and was thinking, he kept on saying that "why are you taking so much time, answer quick". The way he spoke to me looked like I was already working under him. Ultimately I was not able to solve the problem and then he said I prepared only few questions to ask and I can’t think of any other and asked me if I have any questions. I asked him few questions and in all his answers he degraded the company I am working by comparing with docusign saying docusign has very high standards than your company.

I felt really bad after the interview not because I failed to answer one problem but because of the behavior of the hiring manager. I agree, every employee can be so proud of his or her employer but there is absolutely no need to degrade other companies. I am glad that I dint end up in this role, but I will surely apply to docusign in future because I really got a nice feedback from my friends who are currently working there.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given two strings “sentence” and message” and asked me to return a Boolean if a message can be generated from the given sentence(letters with in the sentence can not be reused)
      Ex: Sentence = “today is monday”
             Message = “sad day”
             Output : true
      Ex: Sentence = “today is monday”
             Message = “bad day”
             Output : false

2. Create a todo app using react.

3. Object oriented design of a parking lot.

4. Create react jsx dynamically using JSON response.

5. Print multi dimensional array in a spiral order.
      Ex: [[1,2,3,4],
               [5,6,7,8],
               [9,10,11,12],
               [13,14,15,16]]
      Output: 1,2,3,4,8,12,16,15,14,13,9,5,6,7,11,10

6. Reverse the given string as a sentence.
      Ex: “today is friday”
      Output: “friday is today”

7. Check If a given string is a valid HTML or not.
      Ex: “<head></head><body></body>”
      Output: true
      Ex: “<head></head><body>”
      Output: false   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

DocuSign has a wonderful reputation, and I’ve only heard positive things. I decided not accept the offer for this particular Customer Success Manager position because of my interactions with the hiring manager. They were not really able to answer many of my questions around the role, products, or company. I got the feeling this person had not been with the company very long. When I asked how long they had been there, they flat out did not answer my question.I expect a lot from my management team, and it was a scary thought leaving my current manager for someone who seems to just be figuring things out. On the positive side, the recruiter was wonderful. She provided feedback every step of the way, and prepared me every single step of the process.

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

Apr 15, 2020 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your feedback.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DocuSign.

Interview

Seems to follow a pretty standard interview process: hiring screen, hiring manager, in-person cycle/product case. Responses were very timely in between the different stages of the interview.

Everyone was very professional, nice, and accommodating. My interview was during the COVID19 crisis which made it a little awkward but overall a great experience due to the way DS handled it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a colleague   Answer Question

Apr 15, 2020 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing