Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 61 of over 1.4K interviews

Other5%
1.6
HardAverageEasy

Dollar General

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

I didn't have a real interview for this position. I was hired from the sales associate lead position. It made the interview easy since I already worked well with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions
  • Do you want the position?
    Answer Question

Dollar General

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dollar General in Aug 2021

Interview

Pretty straight foreword interview with the Store Manager. We discussed my experience and if I was able to work a FT varying schedule. Manager was upfront about the high employee turnaround. Store was decently organized and clean

Interview Questions
  • Can I work weekends and full time
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Dollar General

Application

I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Quick and easy, they just ask you what you can offer to the table and what are your strengths and weaknesses The interviewing process isn't that scary just come with a good attitude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar General

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Went to a hiring fair. Interviewed with two gentlemen. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The men were both professional and courteous. They were looking to fill multiple positions. I was looking for full time assistant manager work and there was a position for that I was a match for.

Interview Questions
  • They asked questions about availability, and customer service.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rosamond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Rosamond, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Quick, Decisive, Easy. Four days from Application to interview. Manager was cordial, professional, and inviting. Explained hiring process, deadlines, and intent at end of hour long interview. Manager called the next next day with an offer below my expectations, but explained the probability of promotions was high and quick with in the company.

Interview Questions
  • Background related to my experience Questions about gaps in history

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Jacksonville, FL) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview was very easy. I talked with the store manager and she was looking for some one with 18 years of retail experience. I didn't have 18 years in retail I had the equivalent amount of years. However she had already hired someone with 18 years of experience.

Interview Questions
  • What are my strong points? Talk about a time when you had to do a job with out any supervision? talk about time you had a situation that was to hard for you to remedy. Talk about a down fall you had in your career and how di you deal with it.
  • Would you be willing to take a lower paying job like cashier because the assistant manager position was filled?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Fort Worth, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

Filled out an application online, and took the short test. Received a phone call from the District Manager, and was hired over the phone. Phone Call took about 5 minutes. They did a background check, and started working the next week.

Interview Questions
  • Was I available to work weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natchez, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar General (Natchez, MS) in May 2020

Interview

I conducted an online assessment and one on one interview with manager around 30 minutes. The purpose is proving your ability and seeing if you are suitable with the company itself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Crescent, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Crescent, OR) in Jan 2020

Interview

Interview was only five minutes most likely due to my prior experience in a high volume store. Asked under five questions. Store is very laid back was expecting a more in depth process but after store manager saw my experience and qualifications it was brief

Interview Questions
  • Where did I work previously. Would I be able to coach and reprimand staff

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Longview, TX) in Nov 2018

Interview

Brief and lackadaisical and it seemed like the managerwas just trying to get somebody in the position as quick as possible. Seems like a revolving door of employees. Dollar general puts more effort on getting that bottom dollar rather than keeping their employees. They do a background check for all positions but a drug test is only given to the store manager position, assistant manager and below are not drug tested

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Interviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

11 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

56 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image