Dollar General Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar General Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Auburn, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I put in my application on Indeed.com, it was long and tedious but so are most applications these days. I got a call maybe three weeks later, she hired me on the spot, she said she needed people and I was a perfect fit. She asked a lot of questions but they weren't note written type questions, mostly just common sense, and I've been working there ever since.

Interview Questions

• Am I a student, Can I work any shift   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Rome, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewer very laid back, asked me few questions, then explained what all would be excepted out of me. She also was gossiping about current employees and how they call in, complain about what shift they were scheduled for. Etc.started 3 days later.. Simple

Interview Questions

• What hours was I available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Jamestown, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was funand easy, but the hiring process too a few days because my internet at home was very slow when I had to fill out the application. After that the interview was very quick and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Hanover, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Sat in front of computer course.took a week but only could do if store wasn't busy with customers. Spoke on phone first with the manager to set up interview.

Anonymous Employee in Willisburg, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Willisburg, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had to apply on line and then wait for the manager to call me in for an interview. There's an aptitude test during the online process. Once called in for an interview the Manager, if you are being hired, will submit her end of things. At that point corporate has to approve you before you can start. It took me almost 30 days before I could start because I was born in a different state.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

was a joke no real questions was pretty much given the job. the issue is the back ground check takes way to long they need to speed that up a ton.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Toledo, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The store manager called me and requested an interview at the store. The interview was very casual. I had a follow-up interview with the assistance manager. Both managers collaborated later to discuss hiring me. The background check was the longest part of the process. Drug test was relatively easy.

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Hendersonville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked only once about my previous job, question being why I had left the previous employer. Two managers spoke about what I was expected to do and not 5 minutes later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Pueblo, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The manager was unprepared and asked questions not pertaining to the position. she spoke ill of her current staff and repeatedly state she was close to firing them all. Hired people as MODS who shouldn't have been hired and was ungrateful towards her staff. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anonymous Employee in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Powder Springs, Cobb, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easygoing, brief basic questions of work experience, and what work you are willing to do, as well as going over duties and starting hours. It's not very detailed, and it is more meant to be a job to get started, so they aren't really that picky.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked the register before? How many jobs have you worked before this one? How soon can you start? What time of day are you willing to work? Basic employment questions anyone can breeze through.   Answer Question