Dollar General Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

1.5

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I pretty much got the job because I showed up dressed formally. Just present yourself well and be polite and the rest is a cake walk. This was awhile ago but I don't remember having any tough questions. They mainly just wanted to know about my availability, school schedule, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neeses, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Neeses, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I never have had an interview with Dollar General but I would love to come to work with the company because the location is convient and close to my home and would not have to travel far to work because I live ten minutes away.

Interview Questions

• What hours are available to work?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Manager was very nice. I applied and was called back about a week or two later. Basically just told me what I would be doing and asked if I was interested and what my availability was.

Anonymous Employee in Elberton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar General (Elberton, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy interview. I was only asked a couple of questions during the interview like experience and me as a person. Manager did a lot of hiring off of hearsay.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Auburn, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I put in my application on Indeed.com, it was long and tedious but so are most applications these days. I got a call maybe three weeks later, she hired me on the spot, she said she needed people and I was a perfect fit. She asked a lot of questions but they weren't note written type questions, mostly just common sense, and I've been working there ever since.

Interview Questions

• Am I a student, Can I work any shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellaire, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Bellaire, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

interview was great. good questions. good answers. busy store mgr took time to sit down and be pleasant. she told me what she was looking from her employees. it gets busy during the summer season and she made sure you knew that. she doesn't like turnover.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to this store. do you work well with others. very basic stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Rome, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewer very laid back, asked me few questions, then explained what all would be excepted out of me. She also was gossiping about current employees and how they call in, complain about what shift they were scheduled for. Etc.started 3 days later.. Simple

Interview Questions

• What hours was I available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Sumter, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

I found the help wanted ad on a job board . Then Applied online and was called in for an interview 3 days later. I got the job and started work the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Jamestown, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was funand easy, but the hiring process too a few days because my internet at home was very slow when I had to fill out the application. After that the interview was very quick and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Hanover, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Sat in front of computer course.took a week but only could do if store wasn't busy with customers. Spoke on phone first with the manager to set up interview.