Dollar General Interview Questions in Goodlettsville, TN | Glassdoor

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to position and was contacted the following week to set up a phone interview with reporting managers. Within fifteen minutes of phone interview I was sent an email to schedule a face-to-face interview, which consisted of two panel interviews that lasted about thirty minutes each. Almost all behavioral questions, and interviewers were very kind and supportive during each answer.

Interview Questions

• If I called up your former manager right now, what three words would he use to describe you?   2 Answers

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good, with 3-in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. The most impressive part of the process is that all of the interviews were more of a discussion in which I got to learn about Dollar General and they got to know about me. This is so much more productive than "gotcha" type interviews where someone can say all the right things after rehearsing. This process allowed the interviewee to share their strengths and experiences, while also allowing the hiring Manager/s to really engage the candidate and learn about their leadership approach. One of the most impressive interview processes I've ever experienced. Each of the different interviewers were well-informed about the position I was interviewing for and the company. This approach demonstrated to me that they place value on the right fit for the right position.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was really more open ended, allowing for dialogue between the candidate and Dollar General. I suggest doing your homework and learning about the company. Additionally I would recommend asking questions about the company and the position, as it will help you better understand the role you will play if hired.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

2 phone calls, 2 Skype, then in person- the process what very each to work through. the company was very accommodating to my travel needs and make the experience very welcoming

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

Very simple. First, they did a brief phone call just to get to know me a little bit, then they called me in for an in-person interview with the Marketing Manager and the Senior Graphic Designer where I presented my portfolio. Their main concern was whether I could use the software (Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress), and how well I could present my ideas. Then, they asked me to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Dollar General, How much experience did I have, and what my goals were.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

There was a pre-screen from HR, then a phone interview with 2 managers, and then an in-person interview with manager and to-be-co-worker. [More and more and more and more words to meet the minimum.]

Interview Questions

• Questions covered past work experience, technical competence, and suitability for the job in question. My interviewers were technically sound and very engaging to talk to.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

No "real" questions were asked of me during my "interviews" In hindsight I should have seen this as the warning flag that it was. This led me to asking a lot more questions that I normally do (and I do ask a lot). After joining DG I found that many of the answers I was given were inaccurate, or "alternative facts", or just outright lies.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Interview

3 phone interviews. Recruiter, company HR and then hiring manager
    2 on site interviews with HR and hiring manager
    Given tour of facility then lunch with Sr. Directors of Dept
    This lasted 4 hours

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area
      What are your recommendations for improvement
      What difficulties have had and how did you overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation
    The offer came in for more than what I was asking for

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of two department panel interviews with low level department leadership (team leads and managers). Situation / behavioral based questions where answers may vary based on experience. Comfortable, non stressful experience.

Interview Questions

• situational/behavioral questions   1 Answer

Trianing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview was quick, I received a phone call from HR, who did a screening, then she called me back that afternoon to set up the face to face with the hiring manager, this was scheduled for two days later, It was a 3 hour interview with 6 different people (30 mins with each) and I was called the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Two phone interviews. One face to face field interview. One corporate interview (9 people). It was great to have the opportunity to meet with multiple HR Directors for both field and corporate functions.