Dollar General Interview Questions in Goodlettsville, TN | Glassdoor

Dollar General Interview Questions in Goodlettsville, TN

Updated Nov 24, 2016

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good, with 3-in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. The most impressive part of the process is that all of the interviews were more of a discussion in which I got to learn about Dollar General and they got to know about me. This is so much more productive than "gotcha" type interviews where someone can say all the right things after rehearsing. This process allowed the interviewee to share their strengths and experiences, while also allowing the hiring Manager/s to really engage the candidate and learn about their leadership approach. One of the most impressive interview processes I've ever experienced. Each of the different interviewers were well-informed about the position I was interviewing for and the company. This approach demonstrated to me that they place value on the right fit for the right position.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was really more open ended, allowing for dialogue between the candidate and Dollar General. I suggest doing your homework and learning about the company. Additionally I would recommend asking questions about the company and the position, as it will help you better understand the role you will play if hired.   Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

Very simple. First, they did a brief phone call just to get to know me a little bit, then they called me in for an in-person interview with the Marketing Manager and the Senior Graphic Designer where I presented my portfolio. Their main concern was whether I could use the software (Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress), and how well I could present my ideas. Then, they asked me to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Dollar General, How much experience did I have, and what my goals were.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

There was a pre-screen from HR, then a phone interview with 2 managers, and then an in-person interview with manager and to-be-co-worker. [More and more and more and more words to meet the minimum.]

Interview Questions

• Questions covered past work experience, technical competence, and suitability for the job in question. My interviewers were technically sound and very engaging to talk to.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Interview

3 phone interviews. Recruiter, company HR and then hiring manager
    2 on site interviews with HR and hiring manager
    Given tour of facility then lunch with Sr. Directors of Dept
    This lasted 4 hours

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area
      What are your recommendations for improvement
      What difficulties have had and how did you overcome
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation
    The offer came in for more than what I was asking for

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of two department panel interviews with low level department leadership (team leads and managers). Situation / behavioral based questions where answers may vary based on experience. Comfortable, non stressful experience.

Interview Questions

• situational/behavioral questions   1 Answer

Trianing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview was quick, I received a phone call from HR, who did a screening, then she called me back that afternoon to set up the face to face with the hiring manager, this was scheduled for two days later, It was a 3 hour interview with 6 different people (30 mins with each) and I was called the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Two phone interviews. One face to face field interview. One corporate interview (9 people). It was great to have the opportunity to meet with multiple HR Directors for both field and corporate functions.

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with two managers. An in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later.
    In-person interview: Interviewed with six people split into three interviews of about twenty to thirty minutes apiece.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What do you believe that you would be doing in this job?
      Why do you feel like you are qualified for this job?
      How will your prior job experience help you excel in this position?
      What is your favorite job you have ever had?
      How would your rate your proficiency in Excel?
      Answer Question

Regional Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took four months. They courted me through the process and then they said I was looking for too much money. I told them my salary requirements right from the first meeting. I have no respect for the HR leadership at Dollar General.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. One that stands out was where do you want to be in ten years. I told them Vice President of HR and had a plan on how this could be achieved.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Sat in a room with about 5 people as they took turns asking standard interview questions. Atmosphere was not ideal nor inviting to the interviewee. There was no feedback, no facial expressions on their faces, no smiles ... and when the interview was over, there was no "thank you" or "we will be in touch", just "do you know the way out?"