Dollar General Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

Dollar General Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Columbus, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Met at a hotel with my DM and some others. They talked about what kind of things i would be doing and if i felt like i would be able to do the job. they also asked some questions about what i would do if customers were to do certain things.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work there   1 Answer

Shoft Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I have worked with the company before, so there was not too much to cover. It was short and sweet, but to the point. I was offered an assistant store manager position in case the current assistant store manager did not work out. My first day she stepped down, so I was next in line.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work nights and days.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

After playing phone tag for about a week, I spoke to the district manager who directed me to apply for a specific store opening. I did the online application and assessment---basic math and integrity type questions. The next day I got a call asking me to come in that afternoon to meet with a store manager and the district manager. The interview was standard for retail and lasted half an hour. An hour after I got home, I had a phone interview with the regional manager. Then half an hour after that phone interview, I got a call from the district manager offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • How do you control shrink?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced. What was it, how did you hold people accountable, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your associates?   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Before I walked in, the staff liked at me as if I was crazy. I was dressed in basic business attire, white shirt, black slacks and dark purple, dress shoes. When I came in, the first employee I saw ignored me as I walked towards her and processed to talk. The second employee I saw standing next to her looked at me and then back down to a box she was unpacking. I asked aloud since I was being ignored if I could see their manager. They both looked me up and down then one walked off (I guess to get the manger because she didn't speak to me). The manager was ten thousand times nicer than these people. I met with a manager and he tells me that he was in need of help. He had an overwhelming number of day employees but not evening. He had very little questions and was quite positive and upbeat (almost talked to me as if I was a friend). He laid out the pure basics. I am waiting for my first day of work but I hope and pray these employees are not as rude to me as before. No wonder hardly anyone wants to come to this Dollar General.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Atlanta, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Put in application and was called less then a week later. The interview only took about 5 minutes. It was very easy. Got offered a position during interview. Waited two weeks for a background check. Got hired. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy. One of the questions is what is your greatest strength. What is your greatest weakness. Why do you want to work here? How did you hear about this job. Simple questions like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar General (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

This was a normal interview read from a long script of questions, interviewer half heartedly listened to my replies. I met with several people and one of the D M's kept telling me how hard the workload is and how it's not for everyone, he was not very positive about the position in anything that he said.
    This took a very very long time to be hired. I interviewed with 3 people drove to several different locations, even after the drug and background check was completed it took over 2 months to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DG?   1 Answer