Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Cashier/Keyholder Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 1.4K interviews

Applied online33%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Went in and met with store manager, process was very informative and great, they want you to know exactly what your getting into work wise and want to make sure you can handle it and will like it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
    1 Answer
  • Can you be available to work evenings and days, weekends and holidays.
  • retail background
  • Are you looking for a longterm career? Would you want to grow within the company?

Dollar General

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Assistant Mgr knew me and referred my application and had Mgr to give me a call to come in immediately for an interview. After interview, was called and offered Keyholder position oppose the original offer of just cashier.

Interview Questions
  • Being asked about how involved am I with my children's activities to warrant availability for work. I didn't think that was an allowed question and felt pressured to answer vaguely for satisfaction of obtaining job.

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General in Dec 2013

Interview

Got a phone call, set up an interview, went to interview in dirty unorganized office. Two people were asking questions, and writing answers. Very informal, somewhat unprofessional. The two people were the Manager and Assistant Manager, they did alot of complaining about the company, (this should of been my first red flag to run), The only questions asked were about my availability ie: when can you work, can you work if called in, can you work holidays, can you work later if needed, can you come in early if needed,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in McFarland, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dollar General (McFarland, WI)

Interview

Very thorough and pleasant, did not take long to get back to me. Easy to get back into the work place.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Washington, NJ) in Jun 2011

Interview

they talked to me and i went in and done a back ground check and i done a a test om the computer and they talked to me a little more and they called me that week to go to work

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesnee, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General (Chesnee, SC) in Mar 2010

Interview

Very well explained,all details on what the company espects from a new person hiree,the positon i will have,and other oppotunity the company have to offer provinding that i stay there long enough to advanceup

RSS Feed
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Dollar General Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

10 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

55 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image