Dollar General Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.4

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Arlington, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later was called back by one of the assistant managers and asked if I was available for an interview (after being asked basic questions). The interview was scheduled 5 days from the day I was called at around noon. I showed up 15 minutes early and asked for the manager by name; I ended up having to wait 30 minutes because another interview was going on when I showed up. After that, the manager came out and asked if I was ready (I assume he knew I was there for an interview because of how I was dressed). He took me to the back and asked if I knew what a rolltainer was and explained their purpose before pulling out a seat and letting me sit. The interview started out with basic interview questions, and quickly ended up being a general conversation. After about an hour or so, he showed me out and told me I would receive an email stating whether or not it got the job. I got the job and had to perform a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What days and time are you available?   1 Answer
  • Do you have prior experience?   1 Answer
  • How many hours are you looking at?   1 Answer
  • What starting wage would you want?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Employee in Clute, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General (Clute, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process for interview. Very relaxed, talked about job detail. Not a lot of questions. Interview was very long , 1 hour, as the manager and assistant manager got off track slightly and talked a lot about other things that didn't pertain necessarily ...but then did try to cover expectations, job detail etc. Very friendly, relaxed interview. No pressure.

Interview Questions

• What was my salary expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Byron, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dollar General (Port Byron, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

she asked me some question and I answered back and it went very well .she said to do a application and I'll get back to us an she called me Sunday and asked if I still wanted the job .I said yes/

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in May 2017.

Interview

I didn't actually have to do an interview. My brother had worked there before and thr manger knew me and hired me after i filled out the necessary paperwork

Anonymous Employee in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Seguin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I got the interview fairly quickly after applying. The manager I talked to was great. The only issue I had was I was never contacted further about being hired. The manager that interviewed me was moved to a brand new store (literally across the street from my neighborhood) and I was supposed to be hired and work there. Instead I was hired at the original location with a brand new manager. I was not made aware of my status until they called me one morning asking if I was coming in... on my first day... that I didn't know about.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Experience, Availability, Payrate, and Personal Interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Walked in small generic interview, non personable . Interviewer did not ask many question. The interview was more of tell me about yourself. I told my experience and other attributes the I have.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

The interview was so fast and laid back. All that really went down was I came in, sat in the back office with the store manager, they ask a few questions (and when I say a few, I mean like 3) and they say "well just complete the forms that are coming to your email and we'll start you off asap."
    So the interview was basically, "Do you want to work here? alright cool, you got it."

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I like it the people was very nice an kind the boss was telling me about him and the store and I was also telling him about me very nice

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied at the very end October. I believe it was a week later that I got called to schedule an interview. Had the interview on a Saturday and officially started on that Thursday. My interview process wasn't really an interview at all. They asked if the job history on the application was correct, asked how I liked that job, and then asked my availability. The other twenty minutes was spent by them talking about the store and their employees.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

It was very brief and even though I haggled for 775. I still received 725 for my pay. But I didn't complain. And I still did my job. But my supervisor. Was still complaining about how I was finishing task without supervision

Interview Questions

• Was I going to be available for work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I literally had to convince. Him that I was capable of the job. Even though I have customer service background. And a degree. And a license trade. Plus, he promised me 775. And I only received 725 on my check.