Dollar General Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar General Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar General

1.4

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (York, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The only things they asked were if I drove (which I believe is not legal) and if I could pass a drug test. I answered yes to both and was promptly offered the position. This speaks to the quality of the workplace...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Employee in Luling, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Luling, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online & received an email a few days later stating I was hired. HR called me & asked if I can go in the next day for an interview. I went in & was immediately put on the computer for training. I never had an interview. I was hired on the spot & put on the register the following week with little to no training.

Anonymous Employee in Van, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Van, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Very quick was hired on the spot and it took about 2 weeks because they had to do a background check and get me on the schedule but I was patient and they are very accommodating to my needs

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in February 2018.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday online got hired the same day. Filled out a pre-employment packet that came in my email. Background check was the longest process. It took about 6 days for them to get done with it. All in all it was pretty easy.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Montgomery, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

The SM or ASM has a field guide that they are suppose to use during the interview process. Mainly there are 15-20 questions and your answers must fall in with one they have selected from different scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Wilkesboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

You had to apply online. Then a store manager of a near location called and asked you in for an interview. We talked and then gave her my personal info so as for the company to do a background check. It took a couple of weeks to hear back as they do a thorough check. And then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Had I worked in the retail industry before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Pigeon, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (White Pigeon, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Came in after a funeral spoke with the 2 managers and they called me back a few hours later and offered me the job. It was a long process with the computer training they do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Statesboro, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Great process. They Interview you and then you have to do an assessment which is pretty easy if you pay attention to the video I passed and started working the next day .

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

even though it's just a cashier position, you should dress properly like any other interview. it's all about the first impression. Once you get your interviewer's attention, you have an upper hand comparing with other interviewees

Interview Questions

• What do you expect us to pay you when you're hired?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. They only wanted to know certain things such as if I have ever worked on a register. They also wanted to know if I would be comfortable selling beer and cigarettes.