Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Lead Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 1.4K interviews

In Person17%
1.2
HardAverageEasy

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in Apr 2022

Interview

Very quick; lasted about five minutes. No need for a resume. Due to short staffing they usually just ask basic questions and there really isn’t any competition for a job. Make sure to bring your id and ss card upon hiring.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to come to work when you are scheduled?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Lafayette, LA) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview led the interview and didn't ask many business-related questions. Rather, the interviewer instead stressed that he had no competent workers and that's why he was hiring me off the street to take a higher position. He also tended to talk only of how great he was, at everything. I barely spoke, merely nodding along, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • When can you start? (And what is your school schedule, so I can ignore it, schedule you during classes, and then get mad about it when you choose your future over a job you got to pay for school?)
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrilton, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Morrilton, AR)

Interview

The interviewer was 20 minutes late. Made me feel rushed as if her time was more important than mine. The interviewer asked no questions about my previous work experience. Felt cold and unwelcoming.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dollar General (Muncie, IN) in Sep 2018

Interview

filled out app online and was called in for interview then gave schedule day to come in and start work. Have been with the company for six months now

Interview Questions
  • do I have reliable transportation

Anonymous Employee in Flomaton, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Flomaton, AL) in Oct 2016

Interview

The manager asked a few questions. She stated that she did not really go by the guidelines that were set out. Looks at your attitude not what is on paper.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancleave, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Vancleave, MS) in Oct 2015

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Wasn't what I was prepared for. She asked me about what I thought customer service was. We went over my availability and then she put my application through to the DM and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Dollar General Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

11 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

56 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image