Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Stocker/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 1.4K interviews

In Person29%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Rose Bud, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Rose Bud, AR) in Sep 2017

Interview

Very casual, easy interview. Not a lot of hard questions, manager was very understanding and easy going. Willing to work with you on a number of things. Oh my god, how is this not 30 words yet.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in a year
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Anniston, AL) in Dec 2016

Interview

Everything went smoothly and all of my questions were answered perfectly they were extremely nice and very understanding that at that time I could not come in on some days due to doctors appointments or days I would be running a little behind due to the doctor appointments running over the scheduled time

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked with the public

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Youngwood, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Youngwood, PA) in Dec 2016

Interview

I walked in with the interviewer and sat down for the interview. She asked me one question and then spent the rest of the time talking about the processes and what would happen if I was hired. The interview took about 10 minutes

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply to dollar general?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pryor, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Pryor, OK) in Jun 2016

Interview

I got called multiple times, and ultimately had two interviews. (There were both supposed to be with the manager, but the manager didn't show up on the day I was scheduled to have it.) On the second interview, with the actual manager, she told me that they liked me and that I would hear back within a week and to call if I didn't. I didn't hear back, and when I called another assistant manager (not the one I had the first interview with) had no clue what I was talking about. I guess I didn't get the job, even though they wasted over two weeks of my time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towanda, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Towanda, PA) in Nov 2015

Interview

The interview was online, and I was told to call a number that I was disconnected from. Then I looked up a different website and found the application but it didn't say that it was turnd in so there for I just did this so that I could get this job.

Interview Questions
  • What do you pay an hour, how many hours are available each week?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Dalhart, TX) in May 2015

Interview

It was overwhelming. But as the interview it become more at ease. The interviewer was very polite and understood everything that I was telling them. The interviewer made me feel like I was part of the team already.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Marion, IN) in Feb 2015

Interview

It was somewhat haphazard. The first time I came in for an interview, I was told that the District Manager would be late. He then could not attend, and I had to reschedule. The second time, he was again late but at least this time I was permitted to wait until he arrived, almost an hour after my own timely arrival. The interview itself was a bit random, as their computer system was down and they couldn't access my application. Luckily, they knew that I was supposed to be there, so this was only a minor impediment. It contributed to a longer interview than I am accustomed to, as they required me to re-answer many questions I had answered on the application. This was not a problem, and I feel I actually got to know them better this way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Applied online. Filled out basic info followed by a very strange questionnaire asking to give the best of multiple responses given certain situations. Was called a few days later for an interview. Interview was brief and straight forward. Mainly centered around customer service.

Interview Questions
  • Give am example of your great customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Las Vegas, NV) in Nov 2012

Interview

I came in thinking the interview was going to be a load full of questions like walmart. i had to assistant managers give me a run down I on the company and how fast you can move in the business as long as you work hard. so was called back in 2 days to speak to the gm and was offered the job. I have a misdemeanor for grand theft so i figured i wouldn't get called back.I didn't get a drug test just a background screen which The background check took a week an i was called back to start work.

Interview Questions
  • I really didn't have any difficult questions asked. I was asked in my 2nd Interview "why should we hire you?"

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Allen Park, MI) in Aug 2012

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 weeks before I was contacted about my application. Within one week I started the job. I was asked to take a personality/skills test and a background check and once that was processed I was offered the position. Shifts were approx 4 hours

Interview Questions
  • They asked about previous experience and if I worked on a team etc
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

10 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

55 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image