Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar General Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Port Byron, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dollar General (Port Byron, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

she asked me some question and I answered back and it went very well .she said to do a application and I'll get back to us an she called me Sunday and asked if I still wanted the job .I said yes/

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuba City, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Cuba City, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview very polite and easy going was informed of multiple oppurtunities i will have at this job i cant wait to start and get some extra money in the bank i feel like dollar general will be a nice and steafy pace job

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dollar General (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

We talked about my degree, studies, courses, and experience.
    They want to know a lot about how you view people.; customers, associates, etc.
    I spoke to a person in recruiting, loss prevention, then the Regional VP.
    They all really focused on people skills more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What do you think separates you from other candidates we are talking to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in May 2017.

Interview

I didn't actually have to do an interview. My brother had worked there before and thr manger knew me and hired me after i filled out the necessary paperwork

Anonymous Employee in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Seguin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I got the interview fairly quickly after applying. The manager I talked to was great. The only issue I had was I was never contacted further about being hired. The manager that interviewed me was moved to a brand new store (literally across the street from my neighborhood) and I was supposed to be hired and work there. Instead I was hired at the original location with a brand new manager. I was not made aware of my status until they called me one morning asking if I was coming in... on my first day... that I didn't know about.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Experience, Availability, Payrate, and Personal Interests.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I Basically had the job when the interview was set up. I wasn't asked any questions the manager just told me about the position, and told me she would contact me with a start date when my paperwork was processed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (South Bend, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with the store manager. She asked me about my availability, previous work- management experience. We also discussed pay rate and benefits. She told me what I would be doing and the hours that she would be scheduling me. It was a pretty simple interview. It is a standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for full time or part time?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Harvey, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not up to my liking. The 1st interview was a job fair that I was invited to but the interviews were one-on-one with 1 person (the District Manager), which meant you just had to sit there and wait your time. I sat for a hour and a 1/2 before I had my interview. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks before I receive a phone call from the DM asking me if I can do a phone interview with his boss the RM the next day. The interview with the RM went awesome. She was a very pleasant person. The 3rd was a walk through or a particular store and we kinda just had to sell ourselves on what we would do to that store if we became the SM. The part was different because I had never been in that type of interview, but I'm not complaining about it. I actually enjoyed it. The real problem came when that offered me the job. The initial offer was significantly lower than what I originally asked for and was told that is the best they can do. I said fine but quickly started to regret it and was thinking of declining the offer. I was told I would hear from them in a couple of days but turned out not hearing from them for another week. That alone made me uneasy because I had already put my notice in at my current job. I then was contacted and giving a different salary offer which was higher than the original offer but still about 4k lower than what I asked for. My initial feeling was appreciation and gratitude but now I realized what happened. They played chess with me and I lost. I'm sure now that they could have just offered me what I wanted from the beginning. Never the less I accepted the offer and I will prove my worth to my new boss. After 12 months I will ask for a significant raise and If not granted, I will move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Walked in small generic interview, non personable . Interviewer did not ask many question. The interview was more of tell me about yourself. I told my experience and other attributes the I have.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

The interview was so fast and laid back. All that really went down was I came in, sat in the back office with the store manager, they ask a few questions (and when I say a few, I mean like 3) and they say "well just complete the forms that are coming to your email and we'll start you off asap."
    So the interview was basically, "Do you want to work here? alright cool, you got it."