Dollar General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Macon, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was not an interview more like we need help now can you help us they were so sweet and nice two days off it was more like a market food cloths store had not one bad experience great great great

Interview Questions

• Do you have any manager experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

very long and drawn out process. A lot of people to meet and discuss salaries. Store visits and people to speak with over the phone. Very prideful employees anxious to tell you how great their company is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Akron, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

All was done well. cojuld not have asked for a better opportunity to tell my story and have some on listes and chat with. I was amazed at how intrigued the interviewer was at what io had tooffer and what they could offer me.

Anonymous Employee in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (West Monroe, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

My interview went well was short had to do an assessment and a brief talk with the DM and answer a few simple basic questions.had to pass a drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should get this position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General in January 2013.

Interview

Conversational. The interviewer described a normal day as a store manager. She went into detail about DG employee benefits. The interview was very straight forward with no "curve balls." The interviewer attempted to ask questions that would allow me to vocalize how my education and skills would help me complete the tasks needed to execute the DG manager role.

Anonymous Employee in Dry Ridge, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Dry Ridge, KY) in October 2010.

Interview

Most of this was just common sense questions. You just need to know something about retail.

Negotiation

I do not remember

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Easton, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a wallk in interview with 2 people.Its was right in the store we were talking nothing perfessional and then they said I passed the assesment test and to take another one at home.It was very difficult.Its a shame I have the experience and they go by these tests.They are letting alot of good people pass through.What has happen to america?I couldn't stress enough the skills and ownership of a retail store and this doesn't even seem to be enough anymore.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what shrinkage is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in December 2008.

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring managers, one day of on site interviews with several panels. Filling out of paperwork (application, etc.)

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, recieved email regarding online testing from HR; took required test online and recieved phone call on same day; scheduled phone interview for the following day; after the phone interview was told that application was being sent to DM for review and that the DM would be contacting me for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle employee theft?   1 Answer

Salary was not acceptable for number of hours required.