Dollar General Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.5

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to position and was contacted the following week to set up a phone interview with reporting managers. Within fifteen minutes of phone interview I was sent an email to schedule a face-to-face interview, which consisted of two panel interviews that lasted about thirty minutes each. Almost all behavioral questions, and interviewers were very kind and supportive during each answer.

Interview Questions

• If I called up your former manager right now, what three words would he use to describe you?   2 Answers

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good, with 3-in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. The most impressive part of the process is that all of the interviews were more of a discussion in which I got to learn about Dollar General and they got to know about me. This is so much more productive than "gotcha" type interviews where someone can say all the right things after rehearsing. This process allowed the interviewee to share their strengths and experiences, while also allowing the hiring Manager/s to really engage the candidate and learn about their leadership approach. One of the most impressive interview processes I've ever experienced. Each of the different interviewers were well-informed about the position I was interviewing for and the company. This approach demonstrated to me that they place value on the right fit for the right position.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was really more open ended, allowing for dialogue between the candidate and Dollar General. I suggest doing your homework and learning about the company. Additionally I would recommend asking questions about the company and the position, as it will help you better understand the role you will play if hired.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Ran into the DG team at a job fair and enjoyed the conversation about positions that they had available and went through the interview process of speaking to several people on the phone and then they flew me to Nashville to speak with the leadership team and offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DG?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process involves a generous amount of communication. The initial interview was via the phone. If the interviewer is interested then you will move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• There were various questions in regards to leadership and the position.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

2 phone calls, 2 Skype, then in person- the process what very each to work through. the company was very accommodating to my travel needs and make the experience very welcoming

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

Very simple. First, they did a brief phone call just to get to know me a little bit, then they called me in for an in-person interview with the Marketing Manager and the Senior Graphic Designer where I presented my portfolio. Their main concern was whether I could use the software (Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress), and how well I could present my ideas. Then, they asked me to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Dollar General, How much experience did I have, and what my goals were.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

There was a pre-screen from HR, then a phone interview with 2 managers, and then an in-person interview with manager and to-be-co-worker. [More and more and more and more words to meet the minimum.]

Interview Questions

• Questions covered past work experience, technical competence, and suitability for the job in question. My interviewers were technically sound and very engaging to talk to.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was three step interview process. Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with Direct Hiring Manager. In person interview with Direct Hiring Manager, Director, and Senior Director. In person interview was formal however pleasant. The company is very big on being able to provide intelligent insights and is interested in what you can bring to the table to help the company continuously achieve success.

Interview Questions

• A few standard questions like greatest strengths/weaknesses, best working environment for yourself, etc. After that more questions about prior work experience and greatest accomplishments and systems you are fluent in.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Hendersonville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked only once about my previous job, question being why I had left the previous employer. Two managers spoke about what I was expected to do and not 5 minutes later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Murfreesboro, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was not even an interview. I showed up expecting an interview but the manager only asked about my availability and then offered the job. After asking if I would accept the job, she sent a hire packet via email. With that, I had to just sign some electronic forms, set up my direct deposit, then it was ready to be sent to get a background check for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customers?   1 Answer