Dollar General Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

2.4

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

Very Brief, just what kind of hours, what am i looking for in the job, and filled out some paperwork, drug test, it all came through very quickly and I started training as soon as i could.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Gallatin, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was just a simple application that needed to be filled out online. The interview was a quick, 20 minute interview with the Store Manager that not only helped him find out more about me as a person and why he should hire me, but allowed him to fill me in on who he is and fill me in on what he expects out of me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the other applicants and why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Initiating the interview process was difficult. Once I was in consideration, the interview process was thorough starting with phone interviews and ending with in-person interviews. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions related well to the role and the position. The team made sure that the role and requirements were well understood.   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to position and was contacted the following week to set up a phone interview with reporting managers. Within fifteen minutes of phone interview I was sent an email to schedule a face-to-face interview, which consisted of two panel interviews that lasted about thirty minutes each. Almost all behavioral questions, and interviewers were very kind and supportive during each answer.

Interview Questions

• If I called up your former manager right now, what three words would he use to describe you?   2 Answers

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good, with 3-in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. The most impressive part of the process is that all of the interviews were more of a discussion in which I got to learn about Dollar General and they got to know about me. This is so much more productive than "gotcha" type interviews where someone can say all the right things after rehearsing. This process allowed the interviewee to share their strengths and experiences, while also allowing the hiring Manager/s to really engage the candidate and learn about their leadership approach. One of the most impressive interview processes I've ever experienced. Each of the different interviewers were well-informed about the position I was interviewing for and the company. This approach demonstrated to me that they place value on the right fit for the right position.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was really more open ended, allowing for dialogue between the candidate and Dollar General. I suggest doing your homework and learning about the company. Additionally I would recommend asking questions about the company and the position, as it will help you better understand the role you will play if hired.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Ran into the DG team at a job fair and enjoyed the conversation about positions that they had available and went through the interview process of speaking to several people on the phone and then they flew me to Nashville to speak with the leadership team and offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DG?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process involves a generous amount of communication. The initial interview was via the phone. If the interviewer is interested then you will move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• There were various questions in regards to leadership and the position.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

2 phone calls, 2 Skype, then in person- the process what very each to work through. the company was very accommodating to my travel needs and make the experience very welcoming

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

Very simple. First, they did a brief phone call just to get to know me a little bit, then they called me in for an in-person interview with the Marketing Manager and the Senior Graphic Designer where I presented my portfolio. Their main concern was whether I could use the software (Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress), and how well I could present my ideas. Then, they asked me to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Dollar General, How much experience did I have, and what my goals were.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN).

Interview

There was a pre-screen from HR, then a phone interview with 2 managers, and then an in-person interview with manager and to-be-co-worker. [More and more and more and more words to meet the minimum.]

Interview Questions

• Questions covered past work experience, technical competence, and suitability for the job in question. My interviewers were technically sound and very engaging to talk to.   Answer Question