Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 1.4K interviews

In Person10%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dollar General in Jul 2022

Interview

It was very easy and the interviewer was really nice and welcoming I loved how we connected quickly like if I was meant to work there, very professional also and quick

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself ?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Orlando, FL) in Feb 2022

Interview

Easy, very disorganized office. The manager knew he was going to hire me as soon as I showed up, pretty straight forward. It was a little awkward because he makes a point to divert eye contact but other than that I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Are you okay with working nights?, How are you with weird customers?

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Dover, DE) in Mar 2021

Interview

Very comforting. The staff and interviewer were very professional. My questions for the store were answered with ease and I was very comfortable. The whole process took about 30 minutes

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you for this job?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Dollar General (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

The interview process was very brief and concrete! I want to advise incoming applicants to provide their customer service-related experience from their previous employers in order to demonstrate job proficiency when hired with Dollar General in an entry-level position.

Interview Questions
  • How well are your customer service skills?

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Orangeburg, SC) in Dec 2020

Interview

It was quick and easy. The hiring process went by faster than usual . There wasn’t much question asked, applied and got the job. I’m still confused on my EID,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Latham, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a call from the manager to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and got offered the position. I never heard back from the manager.

Interview Questions
  • What is your availability every week?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (McAllen, TX) in Jun 2019

Interview

Very easy application process online of course. And when called for the interview I was just as easy. I just went in at the agreed time had a one on one interview, but sadly I had to decline.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Miami, FL) in Mar 2016

Interview

Called for interview for 11 didn't get seen until 11:45. Short and to the point. They background check and drug test fyi. All he really asked was my availability, why I left my last job, if I was going to school or not. Told me I basically wasn't going to get any hours until I'm experienced in the store

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenup, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dollar General (Greenup, KY) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied online. After, a week of not hearing anything I called the store to see if they had a chance to pull my application and review it. However, it took over a week for me to even get through as the phone was constantly busy. Nevertheless, I was informed that they were not currently hiring even though they had the sign still posted that they were. Two weeks later I get a call telling me to be there at a certain time and day for the interview. When, I showed up for the interview I had to wait as they were giving back to back interviews all day. The process in general was easy and they walked me around the store to give me an idea of day to day job responsibilities and duties that were excepted to be done during the shift. However, after finding out that they were only hiring for 4 hours a week (because of cutting hours) and that I was expected to drop everything and go to a different store if they called that it would be impossible as I have a child. I was informed that if they called me to work and I didn't work that I would lose even more hours. I don't think they value or put a value on the meaning of family/work balance. If I was to accept a job based on these terms I would expect to earn more than minimum wage and receive more than four hours a week. As, a parent there is no way for anyone to make any type of living off that.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar General (The Colony, TX) in Aug 2015

Interview

Filled out the application online. A few days later I was called in for a face to face interview. Interview as very laid back and easy. Discussed job details and my schedule availability

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

11 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

56 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image