Dollar General Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.5

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Tulsa, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Talked to the Assistant manager for 30 mins, then the manager for 30 mins, very chill, more of a description of the job than it was an interview. Very easy, and did all the info online after being hired.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience, Why do you want to work at Dollar General, Can you lift items?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Employee in Cuba City, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Cuba City, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview very polite and easy going was informed of multiple oppurtunities i will have at this job i cant wait to start and get some extra money in the bank i feel like dollar general will be a nice and steafy pace job

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I Basically had the job when the interview was set up. I wasn't asked any questions the manager just told me about the position, and told me she would contact me with a start date when my paperwork was processed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Rather short, manager was too busy with other things to really pay attention on , Asked me how many hours i wanted to work and if i had any other responsibilities ( i had uni)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Takes about a week for application to come in. Be sure to do the quiz or else the application doesn't go through! Then usually receive phone call and interview shortly thereafter (followup with manager to check for your name because the hiring system isn't the greatest!)

Interview Questions

• What your definition/opinion on Time Management/Efficiency   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar General (Jefferson, OH).

Interview

No specific interview process, was offered assistant took position.very basic interview no skill questions, no experience needed for anything. They are not careful who they hire, very high turnover no overtime, no appreciation for employees.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Alexandria, LA).

Interview

The hiring process was extremely short. I believe that the manager really needed someone to fill this position so the interview was short. I was given approximately 5 questions to answer and I do not believe that she cared about my response. Was my first job interview so I did not know what to expect. I was interviewed by the manager of the store in the break room.

Interview Questions

• Have your worked in the retail industry before?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I was contacted by the store manager and went in the next day for an interview. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. I was contacted 2 days later for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your integrity was challenged, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alliance, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Alliance, NE).

Interview

It was a fairly quick and simple interview process, she reviewed with me what the job responsibilities would be, started within a week. Not too many questions asked, just the basics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General (Woodland, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

very good. I got there which was early in the morning. But it felt good to have interview. I first got there to show my face. It's best to do your interviews in person

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to organize(stocking and recovering)?   1 Answer