Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 288 of over 1.4K interviews

Employee Referral2%
1.5
HardAverageEasy

Dollar General

Application

I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

The interview process was smooth, respectful, and constructively pleasant. I came in nervous, but the employer was respectful of my emotions and let me take my time. I would recomend to people with mental disorders.

Interview Questions
  • What is very important to you?
    2 Answers

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

Did not need to interview. Honestly, depends on your past experience and who the manager is if they want to interview you since it is a simple job. More than likely, you will have to go in for a full professional interview if the manager wants to be overboard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Dollar General

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General in Jul 2022

Interview

Wonderful very promising to work. Can I lean and lift over 50 lb. He was very helpful and understanding and I'm smoking. Or let me know what area is that you need me to work in as well. Also the qualifications that he needed from me to as well. Over all the way his interview was really great professional

Interview Questions
  • If I can come in on my off days and work if you need it to me ?Also extra hours during the week.

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

The interview was quick, simple, and easy. The hiring manager is very polite and understanding as well as very helpful. I’m excited to get started in this new line of work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General in May 2022

Interview

Asked about experience, availability, and when I could start. Had to wait for the background check to come back and that took a day or two and had to go back to fill out some paperwork. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I had any experience and if I could handle the pace.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (McDonough, GA) in May 2022

Interview

The interview process was quite simple all I had to do after the interview was fill out tax forms to see if I’m eligible.They had me working in 4 days which was a plus.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Greers Ferry, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Greers Ferry, AR) in Apr 2022

Interview

It was easy and simple the manger really listened to me and helped me out every which way she could this is a awesome place to work I love it so much

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Butler, OH

Application

I interviewed at Dollar General (Butler, OH)

Interview

I was made to feel very at ease and comfortable. The interviewer was very sweet and went over responsibilities and expectations. I was offered the job and started the hiring process the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I interviewed at Dollar General (Hammond, LA)

Interview

Was never interviewed. I filled the application out online. The company then requested all my information and then told me I was hired. I called the assistant manager and told her what they said and she said congratulations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Fayetteville, GA) in Oct 2021

Interview

I got a call back for an interview about two weeks after applying. The questions were normal basic Interview questions. The store manager asked about my previous employer, strengths& weaknesses things like that

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave previous employer
Viewing 1 - 10 of 288 Interviews

Work at Dollar General? Share Your Experiences

Dollar General logo

Dollar General Careers

Cover image for Dollar General

Mission & Values Dollar General is an exciting place these days. Not only is the shopping experience the best it has ever been, our rapid...More

• Career Overview
  • Career Paths
  • DG University
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

10 days ago

Careers
We have world-class training at DG. Literally! Our training and development programs won first place on Training Magazine’s top 100 in 2019 and 2020, and we ranked in the top from 2012 onwards. Come and be a part of it at careers.dollargeneral.com!
Shared image - Home - Dollar General Careers
Home - Dollar General Careers
careers.dollargeneral.com

55 days ago

Community
When disaster strikes, Dollar General is there to put our mission of Serving Others into action. We have contributed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program and our teams are delivering bottled water and supplies to impacted areas of Kentucky. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation is ready to serve through the Beyond Words program and Second Responder program. In addition to supporting communities during their time of need, the Dollar General Employee Assistance Foundation is aiding our employees who have been impacted by the storms. 💛🖤
Shared image