Cover image for Dollar General

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Sales Associate Part Time Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.4K interviews

In Person13%
1.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Chandler, OK) in Jul 2022

Interview

Basically brought me in told me what the job consisted of and told me I start as soon as the background check came back. I was not asked questions or interviewed really at all.

Interview Questions
  • Can you use a register?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Union City, MI) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied for the job on a Saturday if I remember right, got a call for a "interview" on Tuesday the next week. There was no real interview questions, the quiz you take when you sign up apparently covers all of that. We planned for 2:30 pm, I showed up at 2:20 and the hiring manager wasn't there until 2:33 and there was no apologies for being late. She sat down and told me what it would look like to work there. Don't remember exactly but said things like the first day would be the hardest, I would be working freight and would be trained in everything. The first shift would also be mostly computer work. All seemed fairly well. I was told I'd be getting a email for a form I had to fill out for a background check the same day but it's actually been two days now. Seems like everything that happens here is late and the person working the counter told me she quit twice before. A LOT of red flags for me, but I need somewhere to work so I'll be waiting for the email.

Interview Questions
  • -not a question just advice- (other stores may be different) remember to be friendly. most likely they'll just be telling you work condition
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Dollar General

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Clyde, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Clyde, TX) in Sep 2019

Interview

Manager was informative and interview was relaxed and personable. Was told to watch for email and peplum for background check. I like that when trained you can work in any dollar general store.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Golden Meadow, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Golden Meadow, LA) in Oct 2017

Interview

It was very professional, but they didn't make me feel stressed at all. They were very nice and they made me feel like I was already welcomed. They told me how the process would go and would be very hands-on with the training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Gastonia, NC)

Interview

Me and the manager just walked around the store and he was talking to me what goes on in a daily basis. After the interview, he sent me a email to do a work packet (basically doing paperwork online) and they only do background checks. If your background comes back good and if you complete the work packet, they will call you back and schedule you for orientation. Drug tests are only for people applying for or get promoted to a manager/assistant manager position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Murfreesboro, TN) in Jun 2015

Interview

The interview was not even an interview. I showed up expecting an interview but the manager only asked about my availability and then offered the job. After asking if I would accept the job, she sent a hire packet via email. With that, I had to just sign some electronic forms, set up my direct deposit, then it was ready to be sent to get a background check for me.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience with customers?

Dollar General

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. They asked a few basic questions and thoroughly explained the position before I left. I felt very at ease with the interviewing manager.

Interview Questions
  • Although Dollar General will write your paycheck, who will you ultimately be working for?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Fredericksburg, VA) in Apr 2015

Interview

The interview was a friendly manager verifying the information I filled out on the job application, and I wasn't asked any stupid questions, like "What is your greatest strength?". They wanted to know if I was physically able to do the job, what my availability was, and the next day I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me questions from the job application, "What is your availability?" "Are you a student?" "How long do you expect to be with us if you get hired?" "Are you comfortable lifting heavy objects?" and also they asked me if I knew what the job was.

Popular Careers with Dollar General Job Seekers