Dollar General Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar General Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY).

Interview

Talent acquisition representative contacted me by e-mail. Had phone interview with her. 2nd interview with District Manager & 3rd interview with Regional Manager. Very in-depth conversations on team leadership, freight control, sales, shrink, bonuses, merchandising, my expectations & experience in retail management. Offered position-Then on-boarding email with drug screening & background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I have been with the company for over 5 years. I recently opted to choose a demotion, as Assistant store manger. This job was presented to me, I was asked to submit an application, did a phone interview 3 days later, and was offered the job 2 days later

Interview Questions

• I was asked who I'd handle different scenarios, should they arise.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview as the first interview. Then if selected the last interview was a store walk through and in person interview. The first interviewer asked background questions then asked interview style questions. Such as, "where does most of a companies loss come from?" And "what is your style of managing?

Interview Questions

• What percentage of shrink does the store try to stay below?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line, Phone interview with Corp HR, Phone interview with District Manger, face to face interview with the District Manager. Same old basic tell me about a time ...questions

Interview Questions

• None same ol same ol questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Brooklyn, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Was told in quick interview with DM that it was the asst store manager position that I held at the store I was at and could transfer to the position immediately. I told him yes, but also told him that the job posting stated that it was for the general manager position, not asst.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Corporate recruiter, which was the most in-depth interview of the process. After that, it was with the Regional Director. The interview with the Regional was pretty laid back, he made me feel very comfortable, so things just flowed well from there. At the end of the interview, the job was mine if I wanted it. I did tell them I would get back to them, as I had another interview lined up, but ultimately came back to accept the offer from Dollar General. Overall, I felt the interview process was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Causes of shrink? How to control shrink. Also some P&L questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY).

Interview

You have apply online and after that a recruiter will call you and interview with the district manager within a week .Then within two weeks you interview with the Regional Director and if successful you get a call back from the Recruiter and then you sent for a background check.If successful then you receive a call from the District Manager and he meets at a store and on boards you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit of your retail experience ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Union City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Union City, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was a month ago with DM. Went great. Usual interview questions. Alot about procedures & shrink. Got called 2 weeks later for interview with RM. Mostly about my experience and basic store manager questions also what's required for the position. That same night I was called and hired. Finish hired packet the next day. Background submitted. 2 days later took drug test. Now waiting on results of both & start date. Has been 4 days since I heard anything. Patiently waiting....

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

A lot of phone tag, then a face to face with the DM. Once in the office, it was exceptionally simple. No P&L questions or specific ops questions. A few HR questions was about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Ypsilanti, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Fill out the application online.
    Phone interview, Basically a interview with the HR rep. very informal and strait to the point.
    1 on 1, Interview with the DM
    Testing, This consisted of about 120 questions ranging from english, math, problem solving, drug testing, background check.
    Confirmation of meeting testing requirements
    The interview was a basic interview asking about former experience.

Pay was too low.